Biden Takes Aim At The Unvaccinated Who Keep Country From ‘Turning The Corner’ | Talking Points Memo

That’s my parents, my mom said I’ll be dead within a year because I got vaxxed. They used to be sane until the idiot came along.

12 Likes

My 84 year old mother with middle stage dementia got vaccinated in February and March and I don’t wanna have to tell her that her unvaccinated 66 year old brother died from Covid-19 but that’s a distinct possibility. ICU with Covid at 66 is not good.

7 Likes

Does she say “this country is finished!” all the time, like my mom used to when she was alive?

5 Likes

My father was a lifelong GOP hater, at 98 somehow he became a Trumptard got his news from Sputnik and believed everything the Kraken had to say.

10 Likes

It is a much closer analogy, and it can include the lack of seat belt or helmet. For that matter, the drunk driver can be in a vehicle packed with explosives, which brings the mass casualty potential to the anti-vax/mask level.

3 Likes

I agree with Krugman.

If FOX/GOP/Trump-types of thinking held sway in 1941, a Democratic President would have been booed roundly when he made his speech after Pearl Harbor.

This is not about COVID at all

This is about a truncated America:

Brought to you by Donald Trump

14 Likes

She was in the hospital nearly two years ago and was watching TV when I visited and when Pelosi came on she said, “If that bitch ever becomes President this country is DONE!” Never heard her use the B word before.

So yeah.

11 Likes

I got to feed the pups and curate my collection of strainer funnels. Later, but before I go, some comic relief. It appears that Kim Jong Un has lost weight. Zaftig not so much.

8 Likes

There’s a comment in that thread that says this will give companies cover to do what they’ve been wanting to do already.
I’m kind of inclined to agree.
I was thinking earlier that I fully expect virtually all of NYC residents to be vaccinated in a couple of months as a result of this.

10 Likes

Oh dear lord… I’m so sorry. My 82 year old mom lives with my family. Her sibs think I brainwashed her to read TPM, Huffpost… and to get the jab.

11 Likes

That is so sad. I hope his old self can stay safe, in spite of his Russia connection.

2 Likes

If he makes it, hopefully he will get the vax and reflect on why he didn’t in the first place. I don’t want anyone to die due to ignorance. But some just won’t get it.

2 Likes

There’s more.

11 Likes

Will be interesting to see what happens in the business world. To me? I would want to work where folks are vax’d. Yes, it’s a wide open job market… but it’s not attractive to advertise ’ I am a small business that avoids the Covid Vax’. Ummm… not the workplace that could keep people safe. I’m thinking this will drive the employers to do the right thing. For insurance, for consistent employee attendance, for public confidence. Biden gave the private sector to take a safe out.

9 Likes

I’m done with them. I’ve watched friends infect their families, three generations worth, watched them die, and they still won’t wear masks or get vaccinated. Fuck it, I’m done with them all.

11 Likes

Sorry for your loss. These people are in a cult but they don’t even know it.

4 Likes

That sounds about right to me. And I hope it is.

2 Likes

The government and medical experts have spent the last 6-8 months informing people about, and pleading with them to get, vaccinations. Enough begging, it’s time to drop the hammer on the ignorant and selfish minority who refuse to get vaccinated.

7 Likes

Know when to say 12 is the limit and old lady is driving.

Amusingly, even if and when they do get vaxxed, the fact that they waited so late in the pandemic will be part of their record.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available