Biden Takes Aim At The Unvaccinated Who Keep Country From ‘Turning The Corner’ | Talking Points Memo

DiSantis is probably going to issue an executive order to pay unemployed benefits for life to those that refuse the vax.

5 Likes

Being the first president in 20 years man enough to get the fuck out of afghanistan didn’t do it?

21 Likes

I have reported here before that my daughter is a pediatric nurse in a DC children’s hospital. She deployed to 3 Midwest states in 2020 to help care for Covid patients. Right now she is in DC caring for severely ill children with Covid, some of whom have been transported from other states to Children’s to get extreme care. Her specialty is kids with neurological conditions, none of whom are now benefitting from her expertise as she is diverted to Covid care. She is my unexpected angel, my child who astonishes me all of the time with her compassion and patience, but she is angry and tired these days and it tears me apart, to see her idealism crushed by stupidity, and I hate the people who have done this to her.

33 Likes

Ask her if she’ll do you the favor of dancing on your grave.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this situation is the so-implausible-it’s-obviously-a-joke deal that has become a horrifying reality. These people are refusing masks and vaccines precisely and solely because it’s perceived as a liberal thing because FUCKING TRUMP induced them to think that way. They won’t get the vaccine because we think they should. It’s really that horribly simple.

19 Likes

I knew such a rider once. When his bike was clipped by a driver who left 90 yards of skid marks but didn’t stop, it was kind of hard on his family.

5 Likes

She’s deadly. More please!

2 Likes

There’s a reason why the Herman Cain Award subreddit has grown fifty-fold in 2 months. The vaccinated are all out of fucks to give. I’ve come to the conclusion that the only way to get these asshats to get vaccinated is to make noises about prohibiting them from getting it after, say, X date—and that we’ll be exporting the remaining vaccines to Mexico and China. The way their idiot permanently-13-year old minds work, and the way they’re addicted to playing the victim, they’ll probably line up in droves to “show the libs” how sorry they’ll be to take something away from them! Or they won’t, and they’ll be more fodder for Herman Cain Awards. Either way works for me.

9 Likes

I like the idea of starting a rumor that the vax won’t be free after Jan 1, and the price will be $250 a dose.

12 Likes

Here’s another one: we’ve seen all sorts of bullshit requirements attached to receiving unemployment benefits: drug tests, proof of seeking work, etc. How about to receive the money you have to provide verifiable proof of vaccination?

16 Likes

This was honest-to-dog my morning e-mail from my 87-year-old mother:
“I just had a thought about Gov. Abbott dictating what women can’t do. Well, let’s get to the root of the problem and let him dictate that all men should be castrated. Sounds like a fair idea to me. :kissing_heart:. Have a nice day.”
The apple does not fall far from the tree. I loved the “have a nice day” part!

21 Likes

Aye, but the difference is that infections beget more infections, which then infect more. It’s like an explosion, in slow motion, that replicates itself, 2.6 times over and again at every iteration. The explosives in the vehicle are nasty but pretty much a one and done. Same kernel though: it just royally sucks over and again in so many ways.

4 Likes

I wasn’t trying to be that precise, but let’s add ball bearings to the bomb and wait for an alley to set it off in.

edit: if you think this is way too intentional for a drunk, see Unforgiven.

1 Like

This made me tear-up. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

I have not ready this in many years, but I am recalling some things that tell me I (and perhaps, we) should revisit. Published in 1979

I also suggest we all read Laschs’ “the Paranoid Style in American Politics”. I know how silly it is to suggest people learn from and try to advance on our history. But sometimes it makes me feel a little less culpable and and bit calmer. That’s something.

4 Likes

I love your mom!!! She’s a badass.

6 Likes

I was shaking my head this morning at a breakfast place listening to a youngish guy talking to two buddies. He said, “People spent a whole year trying to avoid Covid, and then they lined up to inject it throughout their bodies. Now the government thinks they can tell you what to put in your body.”

This guy won’t be lining up for his vaccination shots. Obviously, no discussion of transmissibility, or variants, or the hundreds of thousands who are already dead.

4 Likes

My Mom (85) and father (86) are in different stages of dementia and facing new challenges daily. But, they have retained their disdain for Trump and modern-day GOP. And, they were first in line in their rural TN community to get the shot.

Fortunately, even though several of my extended family members there vote Republican, they didn’t hesitate to get vaccinated. They saw no reason to potentially die for the cause.

15 Likes

The Federalist Society, funded by oligarch idiots, to manufacture idiot politicians, lawyers, judges, “journalists”, Fox news “hosts”, and to seduce dumbass white people who don’t know better into selling their futures for a chance to hate some people who don’t look like them. I hate the fucking Federalist Society. Just saying.

9 Likes
14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available