Biden Takes Aim At The Unvaccinated Who Keep Country From ‘Turning The Corner’ | Talking Points Memo

While announcing sweeping new vaccine mandates that include an executive order requiring all federal employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19, President Biden on Thursday took aim at the unvaccinated amid surging cases of the coronavirus nationwide due to the highly contagious delta variant.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387178
1 Like

Good. I’m all out of F’s to give for those who just won’t get the jab.

34 Likes

“A distinct minority of Americans, supported by a distinct minority of elected officials, are keeping us from turning the corner,” Biden said. “These pandemic politics, as I refer to it, are making people sick, causing unvaccinated people to die.”

Call them what they are: a Death Cult.

27 Likes

”Biden on Thursday took aim at the unvaccinated…”

Yes? Yes?! YES???

”…announcing sweeping new vaccine mandates.”

#MetaphorLetdown

22 Likes
34 Likes

About f’ing time. Though of course the Supreme Court will block it because “mah religus Freedumbs” or something

2 Likes

I presume they’re gonna celebrate owning the Democrat prez’nant by gathering at another superspreader event. (ed.)

10 Likes

As wonkette.com noted, prepare for conservative business owners with around 100 employees to fire enough of them to get under that limit.

9 Likes

This is great news. I expect L.A. County will become a much more Covid-free area thanks to this.

22 Likes

Which, I’d bet, they blame on the domineering Democrat administration.

3 Likes

A few million microspreader events every day keeps the pandemic going.

4 Likes

As a very long time motorcycle rider, this “freedom” argument against getting vaccinated reminds me of the arguments from folks who refuse to wear helmets while riding. They complain, often indignantly and loudly, about having their rights unfairly attacked while getting easily avoidable head injuries that drive every other rider’s insurance rates through the ceiling.

25 Likes

Good messaging here.

21 Likes

Perhaps the EU has been unduly criticized for being an organization with a common currency, that is, a monetary union, without political union. Perhaps they knew what they were doing all along.

10 Likes

uh-oh, irasdad is up

5 Likes

Don’t threaten me with a good time!

49 Likes

“Instead of encouraging people to get vaccinated and mask up, they’re ordering mobile morgues for the unvaccinated dying from COVID in their communities. This is totally unacceptable.”

And at least one is spending state taxpayers’ money on regeneron infusion clinics in malls instead of mandating masking and touting vaxxing, while taking significant donations from the company doing the clinics.

13 Likes

The problem with the “motorcycle helmet” analogy – or the “seatbelt” analogy, as every antimasker, antivaxxer, and Karen-coddling journalist mindlessly repeats nonstop – is that you don’t just hurt yourself by refusing to socially distance, mask up, or get vaccinated; you hurt OTHERS.

The better analogy is “drunk driving”. Sure, it can hurt you, and drive up everyone else’s insurance rates, but it also KILLS PEOPLE – LOTS OF THEM. Being in a crowd, unmasked and unvaccinated, is like plowing your car into it, at full speed, with multiple casualties.

It’s a MASS-CASUALTY EVENT, but in slow motion. It might not kill people as quickly as an assault rifle, but it kills them just as dead – while mutating into new and improved (read: vaccine-resistant) variants with every new infection, to kill their grandchildren, too.

37 Likes

Coincidence, surely not.

2 Likes

directing the Labor Department to require that all businesses with 100 or more employees ensure their workers are either vaccinated or tested once a week.

Great. What defines “employee”? At my local safeway the cashiers were openly chatting about how they are required to clock out and disappear for the week when they approach 35 hours.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available