Biden Rips Trump For Barrett Nomination | Talking Points Memo

Somebody, somewhere, mentioned that Congress could make the lack of having coverage as a nominal tax, which would then make the current case moot. I don’t know if that’s accurate; anyone here that might know?

4 Likes

Show us the plan man.

Show us another plan Stan.

Oh Hell no!

9 Likes

We are talking as though we won on Nov. 3. I do not mind it. We know that there is risk that we could fall short, but as long as we do our best and leave no stone unturned, that produces better frames of mind.

OT The alternaive is, “We’ll probably lose” :grimacing:

5 Likes

Yeah, but some us sneaky bastards get around that by living in the Comments sections, but we go out to the article to hit “Like” when we see the word “Biden” in the headline at the start of the thread!

9 Likes

I done did the crawling; it was tough finding every dinky little circle for a Dem, but I did it. I also am trying to get rid of every white male judge here in Fla, so I marked all Latina and females for judges.

14 Likes

I just check the articles when someone posts something that clearly indicates they didn’t read the article before opining…

3 Likes

There’s a little heart thingy just under the precis of the article at the top of this page.
Like it just as you do any comment.

5 Likes

But I thought I had a winning strategy doing this. Have I been wrong this entire time?

4 Likes

However the Court votes, Dems. must expand the Court to 15 and remove Roberts as Chief Justice. We need to end obstruction of voting and minority Republicon rule. There will never be protected voting rights for Democrats unless we change the Court forever.

6 Likes

Like most folks, she thought Hillary would win, and she could retire and be replaced by the first woman president.
Stop insulting her.

17 Likes

What, there are actual articles associated with the headline?!? Wow, what a concept. All I ever saw in the old days when I actually tried to find some were typos, non-sequiturs and reposted AP bothsiderism pieces… :thinking:

6 Likes

And then Eustace showed up…

4 Likes

When Trump starts lying about his better Healthcare plan, Joe should say, something like: “You’ve been lying about producing a plan for 4 years. Clearly your plan in in the envelope with the tax returns you lied about showing the voters and Melania’s Immigration papers.”

11 Likes

Reading through their double-speak, their plan has 3 parts:

• Letting insurance companies sell across state lines
  • Letting insurance companies sell “unhealthcare”, cheap plans with no real coverage
  • Letting insurance companies price gouge those with pre-existing conditions, but calling them “covered”

It’s the voodoo economics version of a healthcare plan.

13 Likes

I don’t know why they bother. Could just post a headline and make a comments section and all the regular subscribers would be fine with that.

4 Likes

I voted today in Chicago and dropped off my ballot at the Board of Elections. I’m leaving nothing to chance.

I have to wait until Mond. for ballot drop off and at 8AM I’ll bet I’m not the only one. Should I take pictures to verify who handled my ballot?? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

The solution is to let Red States have the Republican plan (or no plan at all), paid for by their own tax dollars, and let the Blue States have the Democrat’s plan, paid for by our tax dollars. I’d be fine with it.

3 Likes

Couldn’t hurt to ask that person. The most they will say is “no.”

1 Like

My wife and I received our absentee ballots today. We are going to vote with time to spare.

6 Likes

You have it exactly right but I don’t think the Republican plan has this much detail.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available