Biden Rips Trump For Barrett Nomination | Talking Points Memo

Can’t wait till Tuesday when Trump will endlessly slander Hunter Biden and see Joe kick his ass over and over again in regards to health care and Roe!

9 Likes

Damn right there is something wrong. Their “greed is good” mantra has finally reached it’s logical conclusion…that greed and selfishness is all they’ve got. Ronnie Raygun made all those greedy assholes believe that they were entitled to run over anybody who gets in the way of their grabbing all they can get their grubby hands on, and that being poor or black…or poor AND black…is the fault of those who are unlucky enough to be falling behind in greedcentric “Merica”.
Tax laws that favor the rich so much that it is making peons of honest working people. The gutting of labor unions so that you dare not complain about being considered an expendable commodity in the workplace. The feeling that there is no justice for anyone not wealthy enough to hire the big time hotshot lawyers. In short, Republicans have become the very thing they CLAIM to despise.and the very things they accuse the Democrats of doing.

11 Likes

Dems, take it to them on health care, emphasize pre-existing conditions:
*Make Collins eat it
*Make Graham eat it
*Make Gardner eat it
*Make Cornyn eat it

Who else? Make them eat it. Daily, from now till Nov. 3.

12 Likes

there’s a thumb thing at the bottom of each article, next to the facebook and twitter links.

7 Likes

I voted today in Chicago and dropped off my ballot at the Board of Elections. I’m leaving nothing to chance.

15 Likes

Between the ‘Support TPM Journalism Fund’ advert at the bottom of the article and the author’s bio, there’s a like button you can press. Or, just above the author’s bio if, for some reason, you don’t have the advert.

2 Likes

Pelosi and Biden with the right message. Affordable, quality healthcare is a huge issue in this election. Trump and the GOP have ZERO credibility on healthcare. Focus on the GOP’s looming destruction of the ACA by The Handmaiden. Tar-and-feather Trump and the GOP with their “cheaper and better” chickensh*t.

8 Likes

I don’t want to be the skunk at the party, but RBG could have prevented this by retiring early in Obama’s 2nd term. Instead, she chose to play Russian Roulette with her legacy, the future of the court, and the future of the country. I just hope that future presidents and SCOTUS justices will take the lesson of this episode to heart.

2 Likes

Ahh…all the way at the bottom :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, sneaky way for them to check who actually reads the whole article and doesn’t just go straight to the comment boards and bitch about the headline.

12 Likes

I like this plan of attack on Trump and Ms. Barrett. There is no doubt that Roe v. Wade is in her crosshairs, but far fewer people realize that the Affordable Care Act is also on the line here. Biden needs to make the point that 1) Trump’s choice will throw 100 million off their health insurance in the midst of a pandemic of historic proportions, and 2) Trump and the GOP have had a decade to draft an alternative plan and have NOTHING to show for it. Further, anything they could come up with will not pass Nancy Pelosi’s epicurean smell test or the House.

Biden needs to think through how to respond to this next spring if the SCOTUS does indeed act against the ACA. I think a taxpayer-paid Medicare-for-All plan with small premiums (similar to Medicare Part B) would be in order and would easily pass a Democratic Congress. Further it could include a provision citing the US Constitution Article III, Section 2, Clause 2 stating that the new statute is deemed EXPLICITLY not reviewable by the Appellate Courts or the SCOTUS. This clause would be very hard for even a Judiciary packed by the GOP to overcome.

11 Likes

Odd, I was wondering what Lindsay will do if Biden wins. How quickly does that damp windsock change directions?

7 Likes

Simplest thing to do would be lower the age of Medicare eligibility to 60. Work out any issues that arrive. Then lower the age of eligibility to 55. Rinse and repeat.

8 Likes

It is clear that COVID killings are not enough to get Putin points so the attack on the AFA.

2 Likes

Let’s Play Lindsay Graham Bingo and find out!

10 Likes

Independents in particular need to focus on this, if Trump win the ACA is dead, if Biden and the Democrats win no matter the SC decides, the new House and Senate can reenact the ACA and make it even better.

12 Likes

I expect a “President Biden is the best choice this country could have made. And does he has a sniveling, worm of a lackey position open?”

2 Likes

Great question, especially since he is on record heaping praise on Biden while excoriating Trump!

Maybe he will claim that he, like Lucius Malfoy, was under the imperius curse and really never liked Trump.

8 Likes

The way I hear it, he’s just sleeping all the time…

6 Likes

Whatever, hunny.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available