'tis so strange,
That, though the truth of it stands off as gross
As black and white, my eye will scarcely see it
(Shakespeare, Henry V, Act 2, Scene 2)

13 Likes

“Send lawyers, guns and money
Dad get me out of this…”

6 Likes

It saddens me that they will still be with us when this is all over. The only very small silver lining is that we now know who they are and what their true values are. Trump has drawn them out from behind the shadows and from under the rocks. Now they are a known quality/quantity to us. The mopping up will have to begin in earnest.

Some are redeemable, though. I know one person who never voted other that R his entire life who is so repulsed by this all he is voting a straight D ticket this time. I worked this one hard for the past two years…anyone who is not part of the hard-core base can be brought along.

15 Likes

Wow! Now HE is a true patriot!

10 Likes

Everyone who wants to run for high public office should be REQUIRED BY LAW (not custom or tradition) to release the previous 5 years of tax returns in order to be on the ballot. If your taxes are likely to embarrass you, there’s a simple answer-don’t run!

25 Likes

Biden is way too classy to call him Bankrupt Don. Maybe everyone else can instead

4 Likes

The best thing to do is write them off completely as a degenerate but probably necessary part of society. Dealing with them costs a lot more than its worth.

Much like a retail store basically writes off a percentage of their inventory as losses because they know it will be shoplifted. Attempts to prevent that last bit of shoplifters is gonna cost more in money, time, energy, and the experience for good customers than the benefits.

6 Likes

Only on paper and if you don’t count the money that’s been squirreled away in numbered accounts since he started looting and siphoning money using his position as president. If his son in law had a 1.4 billion mortgage taken off his hands by Qatar, you know Trump also has taken advantage.
They say Putin’s estimated wealth is 200 billion by stealing from Russia, That’s Trump’s head advisor.
All he needs to do is stay out of jail and I’m sure he’s set for life.

5 Likes

Yeah, that really does look like a misunderstanding of what the alternative minimum tax is.

Is your gross income higher than $X? Is your income-tax bill lower than $Y? Do this other calculation over here to see if in fact you do owe more than $Y.

If he only paid $750, he didn’t pay the alternative minimum tax.

I can equally easily believe that the person who put together this statement for Sinclair doesn’t know as much about tax law as a random economist on the internet, or that they knew perfectly well that it was bullshit but also figured (certainly correctly) that it will sound credible enough to their target audience and some beyond.

15 Likes

Why wouldn’t the Biden surrogate talk about CRIMINAL tax fraud on the part of Trump. They should be painting him as the corrupt crook he is. A common criminal who should be facing charges.

8 Likes

My neighbor was telling me that she had turned in her ballot and was so happy to have done it. But she also was sad that there seem to be people out there who just don’t care about anybody else, aren’t willing to help whenever they can.

I wonder if these people even like themselves.

4 Likes

Does that person also have a giant, gaudy Christmas display?

1 Like

This has the added benefit of them not being there to vote red on down-ballot races.

8 Likes

Tomorrow night’s debate is going to be lit.

13 Likes

NYT’s source: Brad Parscale?

1 Like

Penn Jillette says it looks it looks like cotton candy made out of piss.

4 Likes

All of them.

6 Likes

Debate? I have a feeling there’s going to be a “Sir! Sir! We don’t know what to do…You’re needed in the Situation Room NOW!” interruption.

4 Likes

There is a second issue this story highlights: our tax system is totally unbalanced and the twenty plus year rethug war against IRS auditors has seriously hampered collections.

tRump and his accounts have abused tax loopholes because they know enforcement is minimal.

16 Likes

but these are the only voters that matter to him.

As long as they come, applaud, cheer, stomp their feet and get CV-19 on his watch, his NPD is filled temporarily and he is temporarily a happy boy.

Until he needs them again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Honestly, these voters are the only ones that matter to him. He will crawl over broken glass to keep them.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available