Biden Campaign Pounces On NYT Bombshell Report On Trump’s Tax Returns

"This won't matter to Trump voters" is dumb. Trump can't win with just his most committed supporters. Every day that he isn't winning back the voters that he must win back is a lost day. Why are we still dwelling in this place where "Trump voters" are the only voters who matter?

— Greg Sargent (@ThePlumLineGS) September 28, 2020
59 Likes

The dude is broke. Trump once sued someone for saying that he was not as rich as he says. I doubt that will happen this time because any additional discovery would be a bitch.

27 Likes

If it just makes them say, “Fuck it all, I’m not going to vote,” I’m fine with it.

41 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Of course, they aren’t the only voters who matter.

For me, it just saddens me so much that these people actually exist, and that I know and work with some of them.

27 Likes

Trump attacked the revelations as “totally fake news, made-up, fake” during a press briefing. He also complained that the IRS “does not treat me well.”

Well if it’s fake just release your returns and we can make up our own minds

13 Likes

Donnie doesn’t get hair cuts, he gets his hair “formed.”

8 Likes

I hope they are. But if caging children, disparaging dead soldiers, not caring that 205,000 Americans died from COVID, etc, doesn’t make them angry…I doubt this will.

18 Likes

This election is not and will never be about converting the Trump cult. It is about getting the vast number of people from the center-right leftward who did not vote in 2016 out to vote. It is about motivating and mobilizing that group, who far exceed the cult in numbers.
The cult will never leave him. But if we can chip away the 2016 Trump voters who aren’t cultists, even by 1-2%, that will be the icing on the cake. We will add to our numbers, if only for this election, and reduce his numbers to the lowest they can possibly go given the intransigence of the true base.

46 Likes

What was that expression R’s used to like so much? Oh, yeah.
“SKIN in the GAME,” motherfuckers!

5 Likes

tRumPP’s base is

• not only deplorable (deserving contempt),
  • but despicable (worthless and obnoxious),
  • obviously duplicitous (lying; everything that comes out of his fucking mouth is a LIE),
  • dangerous;
  • and even more obviously duped by and in thrall to the
  • delusional,
  • disgusting,
  • dipshit

donald.

4 Likes

Man. Woman. Person. Taxes. Jail.

— Chip Franklin (@chipfranklin) September 28, 2020
41 Likes

Yeah I thought the same thing. I think a better line of attack would focus on how crappy a businessman Trump is, which these tax returns prove.

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s about the cult at this point. They are on board til the bitter end.

As we’ve seen throughout this presidency, and the campaign that led to it, the real battle is complacency. People who “don’t like Trump, but he’s done some good things” … their description, certainly not mine. It’s still important to convince them to step off the Trump train.

Jumping on reports like this help. Same with his attacks on veterans, deceptions about the early COVID response, etc.

12 Likes

Sadly, as you know, money talks more strongly, as he says, then anything. I hope Biden and at least the media hammer home the fact that he owes 400 million to… some entity.

8 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-09-28/trump-s-tax-returns-show-he-s-a-national-security-threat

# Trump’s Taxes Show He’s a National Security Threat

What trade-offs would a president with this level of indebtedness be willing to make to save face?

22 Likes

Yep, for me it’s relatives. So, very sad. There is a deep need for some people to have heroes that are far above mere humans. It’s so disturbing that they have chosen such a deeply, DEEPLY, flawed person to hang all this on. It’s not as if he tries to portray himself as positive, he is upfront about almost all of his negative traits.

11 Likes

Excuse me while I momentarily hijack this thread for an urgent plea to make sure that a very important & brave move does not just get lost - Praise & support for:

James Darsie Herbert

James D. Herbert, Esq.
Assistant United States Attorney
Chief, Criminal Division
James D. Herbert is Assistant United States Attorney, Chief of the Criminal Division.
Assistant U.S. Attorney James D. Herbert, Chief of Ortiz’s Organized Crime and Gang Unit.

Mr. Hebert attended
Princeton University – English - Class of 1981
and earned his J.D. at University of Virginia.
Admitted NY Bar 1986
Joined Department of Justice - 1990
He was in private practice in New York City prior to joining the USAO in 1990.

in his letter he states …
'For 30 years I have been proud to say I work for the Department of Justice, …" you know his message

He had lead roles in many many organized crime cases - Whitey Bolger to cite a real notable mob figure - James D. Herbert knows a thing or two about crooks …
And James D. Herbert is an actively employed Assistant United States Attorney - and he has bravely taken a stand & a huge risk … and as a guy who prosecutes gangsters - he knows a thing or two about taking risk.
Let’s hope others who are painfully seeing the corruption of Barr - and Trump will come forth over the next 36 days …

47 Likes

It’s reported that one year Trump claimed more in losses than any other American.

Can we refer to him now as “THE BIGGEST LOSER”?

Actually, I’d really like to do that on and after November 3.

27 Likes

I don’t wish physical harm on Trump or his family.

But damn, I want them all (except for the children under 18 years old) to suffer. I want them to be humiliated (preferably in jail) in front of the entire world.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available