Biden Assistant Health Secretary Pick Would Be First Senate-Confirmed Openly Transgender Federal Official | Talking Points Memo

Dr Levine, along with Gov Wolf, are driving our totally worthless Repub House and Senate crazy.
They are dealing with some of the lowest forms of life, like all Trumpers, and publicly remained calm and informative.

6 Likes

I wonder which asshole will “slip” (first) and use him or Mr?

It’s been done. I was wondering what her preferred pronoun was. Pretty sure Dr. Levine refers to "her"self/she, and not “they.” I love her comment: “Please don’t misgender me.”

Here’s the story about the doofus who “slipped,” from May 2020:

A Pittsburgh radio station is again under scrutiny after one of its reporters called Department of Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine, a transgender woman, “sir” at least three times during a Tuesday press call.

7 Likes

The bravery of Dr. Levine is humbling. I don’t know the timing of Dr. Levine’s transitioning, but Instead of stepping away from public service she has continued to serve under the slings and arrows of the unwashed. We are so lucky to have brave servants like Dr Levine amongst us, especially at a time like this.

10 Likes

Your opinion is my opinion.

4 Likes

A little bit OT, but I’ve been noticing how many of Biden’s appointees are described as, and known for, being great communicators. I’m really happy about his trend. :grinning:

4 Likes

She may not satisfy every requirement but she certainly is a dedicated professional:

3 Likes

Thanks for writing this.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping they eventually have good things to communicate.

Digging us out of Trump will take time, but at least we can begin again.

4 Likes

I think this will be a fine challenge, and I expect they will rise to the occasion. The worst news is probably the news that really needs to be communicated well. Reporting the best news is easy.

2 Likes

They will try to paint her as a quack who believes gender can be changed despite being a biological fact…as if she believes in sorcery and witchcraft and not science and oh look now it’s the Dems who reject science and are a danger to our children.

1 Like

I’m sure Dr. Levine knows that sex can’t be changed.

2 Likes

I’m sure they will try anyway and the entire exchange will be ridiculous.

And fun.

I hope they get to have some fun.

2 Likes

A lot of progressives are going to complain that the Biden administration isn’t doing the things they want. No Medicare for all, no free college…the list will be long. They should be looking at things like this, the diversity of people and opinions he is bringing into the room, and realize that he’s creating a very progressive team, and a very capable one, that will break a lot of barriers in people’s minds. That’s more important than programs like Medicare for all for the future of the nation, some people need to see Dr. Levine doing things that white males have always been doing to realize that they are just the same as everyone else, and not a threat of some kind.

3 Likes

Keep the faith, @cervantes. There will be fun. You can’t have rainbows without a storm.

2 Likes

This is … not true!

2 Likes

Not sure who you are referring to here. Tell us more, please.

1 Like

Just searched for this - had missed the final outcome - glad to see it resolved

Members
Total: 50
Democrats: 21
Republicans: 28
Other: 1
Vacancies: 0

… but note that table will be updated - there is now a vacancy

8 Likes

ok, I’m sorry, I was wrong.

Great pick. And yes, talk about fearless leadership, this woman has taken criticism of appalling variety and dimension, and never wavered.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available