Behold The House GOP’s Never-Ending Stream Of Disinformation

The worst thing is that even though they have come close to achieving their dreams in deep-Red State America, they want to force their retrograde vision on the rest of America: especially on the Blue State population centers.

13 Likes

There’s a Republican platform? I thought it was “whatever orange guy says.”

30 Likes

Yeah, they’re always ready to speak out AFTER they leave office.

Cowards, every one.

21 Likes

Okaay. We’ll let you go with just a warning…this time.

16 Likes

And it begins. A months long campaign by “mainstream” Republicans to normalize revenge and retribution in a 2nd Trump term.

“What’s the matter with a bit of vindictive prosecution and jailings?”

https://thehill.com/opinion/4716499-whats-wrong-with-a-little-revenge/

16 Likes

The opportunity to post the cat picture of your choice.

5 Likes

Also that the Democrats will pull their chestnuts out of the fire before the real damage is done. As an example, the good folks in Kentucky that voted for Bevins knowing he intended to destroy Kynect (Kentucky’s implementation of the ACA) but figuring it wouldn’t actually happen.

18 Likes

Does it help that I always go to the Kitties Thread before I sign off? It’s my “happy” place.

16 Likes

10% off on the Cilantro/Pineapple Special at Comet.

15 Likes

When America (or at least the 70 million Republicans dwelling there) acts crazy, allied countries take note and plan contingencies:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/06/11/canada-us-civil-war-00162521

11 Likes

images (5)

6 Likes

Wow: do these guys ever make an argument in good faith?

11 Likes

Aaaah Nature. Red in beak and talon, as usual. (Nice photo!)

5 Likes

Once again, I’ve been pondering the previous days sewage flow from the right. Divorced from context of the source, Alito’s comments on a more “Godly country” aren’t really particularly shocking. Lot’s of people might say that, or that we should be more moral, or ethical. I think the problem with particular regard to White Christian Nationalists is that these phrases aren’t being used the way they have been in the past. Sam Alito’s behavior tells me he doesn’t want a more Godly country, he wants a more servile country. A country of pliable, tractable thralls that will do the bidding of their betters without complaint.

That he uses the language of Christianity is simply part of the grift. It’s not really meant to fool anyone in particular, in fact you can argue that it’s an openly overt poke in the eye. A provocation meant not to fool people but to provoke a response from people who are attached to their Christianity. People who often come to the defense of Christianity (and by default Sam Alito) without realizing that he is using them as cover for his assault on our society and the very Christianity they want to defend.

46 Likes

Dear Martha- Ann:

America: Love it or leave it.

You and your husband are clueless as to what American is about. How about you go back to where your ancestors came from?

Thanks,

All Sane Americans

19 Likes

Etch-a-Sketch in Courage?

16 Likes

American Patriots have a perfect record against fascists. That will never change. I say bring it on - we Patriots out-number you assholes and we are way smarter than you. Violence is a senseless last resort but for justice it will be the MAGA’s who regret it first.

The door swings both ways.

10 Likes

Slightly OT, but made me smile.

42 Likes

Martha-Ann Alito and Ginni Thomas … peas in a pod.

20 Likes

Scamschafft (?)

12 Likes