Barron Trump’s Private School Remaining Closed As Prez Pushes For Reopening | Talking Points Memo

I love Nancy Pelosi’s comment on Birx: She’s the worst.

17 Likes

We want information … information … information.

You won’t get it!

(Sorry, I’ve been watching The Prisoner.)

4 Likes

…and with the family fortune, can hire someone to sit for his exams and write his papers.

1 Like

Exactly.

And yet the numbers of cases and deaths from COVID-19 in New York City have continued to fall. “If we’d taken away a lifesaving drug, you wouldn’t expect that to happen,” he says. Instead, Schluger, now a pulmonary critical care doctor and clinical epidemiologist at New York Medical College and Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, credits old-fashioned public health measures — mask-wearing, staying home, and social distancing — for New York’s success against the virus.

10 Likes

Mine were more subtle two tone, not garish tricolor.

5 Likes

In any other circumstance, I would argue that the minor child of a President is strictly off limits.

But since this kid’s serial-killer dad is trying to murder MY child…

Game on!

(If my child’s not off limits, then neither is his.)

25 Likes

Personally, I think Daddy Donnie should go back to school as he is the one clearly uneducated.

1 Like

Melania is a low life in high heels.

5 Likes

Huh. A length of stiletto heel that does not exist in nature.

5 Likes

There’s always what he hears from mom after she’s had a few…

1 Like

By hook or by crook, we will.

3 Likes

In some states, at least, some of the coronavirus stimulus money is going to schools for additional supplies, improving ventilation, blah blah. (I don’t know what the ventilation recommendations are, but it would take a heck of a lot to get up to outdoor exchange levels.)

4 Likes

There’s always some leftover Trump university curriculum that can fit his educational needs.

1 Like

In my early 20’s I had a pair of Earth Shoes. Anyone remember those? My mother wore high heels for a lot of her working life and they absolutely ruined her feet, bunions, crossed toes. I’m surprised she wasn’t in pain all the time.

9 Likes

I do. I always thought Crocs were the new Earth Shoes, but in plastic. (Take that you environmentalist hippies! We’re making your shoes in plastic!)

3 Likes

I’m sure she was. I have bunions, hammer toes, crossed toes, corns - all from heels.
There comes a point where you just can’t wear them anymore because everything hurts.

4 Likes

I am sorry that’s the case for you. I have small bunions but not out of control, yet. I have big feet and it used to be hard to find shoes that fit or else I may have been in heels.
My sister had surgery on a bunion, then went back to wearing non-roomy toed shoes and I’ve notice the bunion is back.

2 Likes

It may sound cruel, but the most mature male in the photo is probably Barron.
What a shame that the young man has to grow up with the brand of his traitorous father always apparent.

3 Likes

Before or after all her surgeries?

3 Likes

Delusional brand loyalty.

Paul Krugman
@paulkrugman

It seems to me that we need a new concept to discuss the Trump/GOP reaction to the coronavirus disaster. Everyone knows about the Big Lie, which is so outlandish people can’t believe it’s a lie. What we have now is the Big Fail, so extreme that people can’t process it 1/

7:26 AM · Aug 2, 2020

…The point is that the contrast between the Trump hagiography and the reality of one of history’s greatest policy failures is too great for the faithful (and of course Trump himself) to process. So they’re becoming increasingly delusional 5/

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available