Anti-Abortion Activists Fork Over $119k To See Kansas Voters Uphold Abortion Rights Twice

Yeah, I gotta wonder how the average idiot can run a $118k charge on any credit card.

8 Likes

He started out in North Dakota. Guess the cold winters killed off most of the brain cells before he moved to Kansas.

2 Likes

Had bible thumper neighbors growing up so I know aaaaalll about that stuff. Funny thing is, around the time I moved away from home they divorced and the mother moved in with a black guy, which was shocking when she used to preach some bullshit about keeping the tribes separate.

5 Likes

Next winter, when the weather turns colder than a Steven Miller’s heart, he’ll use the frequent flyer miles to fly to the Dominican Republic, and then declare bankruptcy before the spring thaw.

It’s the Toadglansian way.

3 Likes

One of Gietzen’s credit cards was used to pay a whopping $118,000 for the new recount gambit, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal.

This is the behavior of a true believer extremist. A normal person would simply accept the vote and find out a skullduggerous kind of way to work through the state legislature to have another go.

If it were me, I’d think, “Well screw the future Einsteins and Madame Curies, I’m going to buy me a big ole Tesla.”

8 Likes

reading the article?

2 Likes

And at least one turtle

3 Likes

I have no problem with fools parting with their money in a pointless endeavor.

5 Likes

Something that may have backfired on them in spectacular manner

3 Likes

I’m all in favor of busting and jailing the 17 pricks who tried to vote yes a second time at their girlfriends’ houses.

3 Likes

"We are just praying for exposure of anything that might have been nefarious and just some answers to put the voters of Kansas at peace,” Leavitt said.

I would have thought that voting the amendment down put the vast majority of voters at peace. There are no consolation votes for the minority who voted on the losing side.

3 Likes

They are not average idiots. They are outstanding idiots.

8 Likes

He’ll announce a GoFundMe to pay it off, and be assured sufficient anti-abortion zealots of means (or not) will chip in and make it go away.

3 Likes

On the bright side, it probably increases the velocity of their sponsors’ money.
And takes it out of right wing circles.
Truly, it’s generous of them to help stimulate the Biden administration’s economy.

6 Likes

The freaks will be with you always

5 Likes

I know a guy with a gambling problem. He talks about the intense exquisite pain of losing. He gambles in part, to feel the loss. He knows I won’t understand. But I think they get it in Kansas.

7 Likes

Aww, man.

2 Likes

We have suspicions. What we don’t have is evidence.

-Rudy Giuliani

8 Likes

My understanding is, anyone could vote on the constitutional question. Registered party members could also vote in their party’s primary.

LOTS of people showed up just to vote on the referendum, even though they couldn’t vote in any primary races.

The forced-birthers weren’t counting on that.

6 Likes

Here in Kansas they still think of US as the freaks. Majority rule has issues when the majority uses the state legislature to validate their delusions.
They just can’t tell their TrumpZealots “NO” anymore. No matter how absurd or futile, they indulge their sore losers to the point of giving them shelter for their falsehoods, instead of coaching them into reality.
When did our entire state legal system become a bad parent who indulges the worst traits in their willful children?
That is all this represents; spoiled children in adult clothing, whining because reality won’t bend to their whims.
Let them recount all they want, but when will the indulgence finally end?
Tell them “NO!”
We shouldn’t indulge their delusions, it only forestalls an inevitable conclusion. Whether they like it or not, they have to get shed of their anti-democracy demons or they’ll never get real.
Some whiners thrive on it. That may be one of the issues, too.
Trump’s “Best People” are just the “Best Whiners” all along.
Miller?

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available