Anti-Abortion Activists Fork Over $119k To See Kansas Voters Uphold Abortion Rights Twice

Dismayed by Kansas voters’ overwhelming rejection of an amendment that would’ve stripped away abortion rights from the state’s constitution, several anti-abortion activists sought a statewide hand recount – but failed to raise enough cash for the $229,000 required to pay for it in all 105 counties on Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1429119
1 Like

Three counties will show that there is total of 19 more “YES” votes than originally tabulated.

FOX/OAN/Newsmax will go on a two week harangue about how that proves the vote was fraudulent and you can’t trust anyone to conduct an election.

24 Likes

Will we ever be rid of these freaks?

30 Likes

These people have more money than brains, and obviously they don’t have much money.

30 Likes

That’s a lot of time, effort and money, just to show once again that you lost this election by a triple landslide.

Though I applaud their bringing the stupendous loss to Kansas newspaper headlines once again.

…and again…and again…

But even Don Quixote took a break once in a while, yeeesh.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.41.37 AM

25 Likes

The fools! Why didn’t they argue:

1. Since the vote took place in a closed primary, everybody but Rs and Ds were disenfranchised, so the vote shouldn’t count.
  2. It was inappropriate to even have a constitutional question on a primary.

Sure, I know these are the reasons that they scheduled the vote this way. So??

14 Likes

Good.

If they’re wasting their money on this, they can’t spend it on anything else. They’re going to find out that money is a finite resource, the hard way.

37 Likes

"When people show you who they are, believe them." – Maya Angelou

19 Likes

I voted and I’m registered as an Independent.

23 Likes

Only 9 counties? What’s the point?

6 Likes

It’s a performance. They admitted as much.

27 Likes

If they have the need to incinerate piles of money, why not just send it to the Dear Leader?

11 Likes

As long as they have fascist Americans and outside governments looking to destabilize this country, the money will never run out.

10 Likes

This is also testament to the fact that people are so isolated from others they simply cannot believe it when things don’t go their way. And then they’re SHOCKED, simply shocked. Again, let us thank Fox News and social media for most of it. Unfortunately, nothing will changed until we can neutralize this poison, which will probably never happen.

25 Likes

No kidding! Clearly, I don’t know how Kansas runs its elections. Did you have to choose a party? (And why weren’t the forced birthers prescient enough to put the referendum question ONLY on the R ballot? Rookie mistake!)

6 Likes

If you register as R or D you get to vote for your choice of candidates from your own party, as an Independent you could only vote on the abortion issue which was all I wanted to do.

24 Likes

Exactly! I remember, as far back as the Bill Clinton administration (yeah, I’m old), people saying incredulously “NOBODY I know voted for him – so how did he win?”

We have split this country by what “news” they “consume”: there’s us (the Reality-Based Community - we hope) and the Right Wing Fever Swamp, which is demonstrably based on lies. And folks have segregated their friend and acquaintance circles accordingly.

(Although I enjoy coffee most days with mostly Rs, from old-timey moderates to flaming trumpistas and conspiracy jocks.)

13 Likes

This continued pursuit is to support “election fraud” narrative for sure.

Distractions are only things GOP has to rally their base.

How will all the independents & women feel about these audit seekers saying it’s ok to take away constitutional rights by claiming election fraud.

I hope the nation is watching how far these anti constitutional rights groups will go to take away rights by screaming election fraud.

The new talking point should be that GOP only wants you to have gun rights under the Constitution…all other rights they want to take away such as privacy for medical care, healthcare, queer rights, civil rights, voting rights, and reproductive rights.

If gun ownership is only right you need vote GOP. If you want ALL your constitutional rights vote Democrat.

13 Likes

Everyone is at peace with their vote except for these people who are at a loss as to why their side didn’t win the vote. I guess they didn’t get the memo where their neighbors don’t want them in their business, in other words mind your own damn business.

20 Likes

“We are just praying for exposure of anything that might have been nefarious and just some answers to put the voters of Kansas at peace,”

Melissa, if you want to live in a democracy, you have to be a grown up and be “at peace” with not always getting your way.

Oh, you don’t? Well, then.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available