Anti-Abortion Activists Fork Over $119k To See Kansas Voters Uphold Abortion Rights Twice

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense.”
— Winston Churchill, Harrow School, October 29, 1941

These diehard Dominionists evidently misinterpreted Winton’s words.

7 Likes

Their minds must be in a constant cauldron of antipathy.

10 Likes

Meaning:

We’re really praying our voting system doesn’t reflect the will of the people.

That’s the only thing that gives us hope.

21 Likes

Geez, now it’s devolved into just performance art.

3 Likes

I hope they do it again. I am pretty certain that those ‘recounters’ were biased Dem. No reason to save that money for anything else.

4 Likes

Opponents of the amendment won a jaw-dropping 165,000 more votes than its supporters.

Small sample size. Biden won Dallas County by nearly twice that number.

10 Likes

Here is Oregon, Independents get there own ballot with just the initiatives on it, not the primary ticket. So, dems get a ballot with the dem primary slate plus the initiatives, repubs get the repub slate plus the initiatives and everyone else who is registered to vote gets just the initiatives.

Cynical shitheads pushing unpopular initiatives and constitutional changes deliberately try to have these votes during primaries, because the unaffiliated and the lazy are (presumably) disengaged and less likely to vote.

Sometimes the magic works. Sometimes it doesn’t.

When it doesn’t work, they scream FRAUD!!!

19 Likes

Those folks need to blame God for failing them.

13 Likes

“Now”? Been this way near as long as I can remember.

It’s shock jocks all the way down.

18 Likes

Money well-spent. Hope these MFers go bankrupt.

9 Likes

but failed to raise enough cash for the $229,000 required to pay for it in all 105 counties on Monday.

Boy, I don’t know what to think. If fetal life is as precious as they say, shouldn’t they have raised ten times that sum? Do they value money more than human life? Shocking.

12 Likes

Of course they did. No one looks in the mirror and sees the bad guy. The Nazis believed they were preparing the world for greatness by getting rid of those who held humanity back. Everyone is the hero of his own story. That’s what makes evangelicals so terrifying, and the same reason why they cannot be reasoned with.

14 Likes

The best way to put “voter fraud” to death is keep it alive long enough for it to kill itself. Eventually even hardcore partisans will tire of it and the fact it never proves itself to be. So keep it up.

Keep fucking with teachers and public education.
Keep fucking with LGBT
Keep up the racism, white supremacy and for GOD’s sake the Christian nationalism.

Drown us in it.

5 Likes

At least that is $118,000 they won’t be able to spend on funding another effort to strip women of their right to bodily autonomy.

12 Likes

One of Gietzen’s credit cards was used to pay a whopping $118,000 for the new recount gambit, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal.

I hope we find out this guy only got involved to max out some credit card points. Hey, I’ll just put it all on my card, just reimburse me! It’ll be easier that way!

8 Likes

“Nefarious” to RWNJs: 1…2…3…4…5

That is not a legitimate way to count ballots because it treats all votes the same. Their only “legitimate” election counting methodology is to weight each ballot based on how it is voted so that they come out on top. So a ballot for them gets counts as more than one, and any against them is less than one, but they can still say that every “legal” ballot is “counted” and that they won “fair and square”.

Of course, the media both-sides it in that the Ds want every ballot to count equality while the Rs have their own method of counting, and whose to say which is more valid now that it’s a matter of argument instead of arithmatic?

2 Likes

just some answers to put the voters of Kansas at peace

The voters of Kansas gave your amendment the peace it deserved.

6 Likes

According to some in my area it is the Devil that causes the failures.
If they get a flat tire on their way to church it is the Devil trying to prevent them from attending.
True story.

11 Likes

“How is it that we see daily, without fear and sorrow, the like signs of Satan’s work, in sin wasting the strength of the soul?” - Selena Fitzwilliam’s version of the Book of Luke

These people really are like Satan-obsessed Christians of a previous age – they see the nefarious in everything. Mike Lindell is their Joan of Arc, and Donald Trump, curiously enough, their angel Gabriel.

8 Likes

But Leavitt has hinted that the stunt is less about overturning the results of the vote and more about pushing conservatives’ baseless narrative about voter fraud.

You’ve sold your soul…fine.

Now sell your house and move to Tejas.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available