Anti-Abortion Activists Fork Over $119k To See Kansas Voters Uphold Abortion Rights Twice

Here in Virginia, in the 2013 governor’s race, Terry McAuliffe, a Democrat, won the race, handily. I remember some state delegate from western Virginia, the very red, rural part, complaining to the press that he and his constituents had been “disenfranchised.” He said something about his vote “not counting.”

Seriously.

6 Likes

Also true, but amazing these “pro-life” people are wasting it all on this, instead of using it for schools, housing, support for the poor, and other such causes anyone actually pro-life would care to support. Fascinating.

11 Likes

Exactly my thought, too @ronbyers, sad as I am that they weren’t able to light the entire $229K on fire…

4 Likes

That’s because these people are pro-birth.

After the child is born, they have no concern for schools, health care, housing or any of the rest of it, because if you were stupid enough to get pregnant with no financial support, the child should suffer for your stupidity. Not their problem.

I don’t even like the pro-life or pro-birth moniker anymore - forced birth. That’s what it is, so we should call it that.

11 Likes

If they pray hard enough, the Lord God of Hosts will pay the tab.

True story.

3 Likes

fixed

1 Like

cui bono? any ideas? Purely ideological bluster, or does someone fundraise off this for fun and profit?
They spent a lot of money for an inevitable outcome, either the guy’s goofy over something or someone we don’t know about, or he’s got a scam on the side.
Gotta be one or the other.

1 Like

None of that stuff punishes women for having sex – but they haven’t yet figured out WHO the women are having sex with . . .

4 Likes

Yeah, I remember someone complaining in a letter to the Richmond Times-Dispatch after one election that Democrats won statewide that it wasn’t fair that Democrats congregated in such big numbers in a few cities that could outvote people in all those lightly-populated red counties. Like it should be “one acre, one vote,” or something.

9 Likes

It can be both, but I figure it’s 75% scam.

1 Like

College Football stadiums are gonna start having to have on-site childcare facilities.

4 Likes

A very expensive performance. But if that is what “god” demands, that is what they do. No one has accused them of intelligence.

4 Likes

I am hoping that it turns out that they lost Thomas County as well.

1 Like

He said something about his vote “not counting.”

Seriously.

No, that’s gerrymandering.

1 Like

Bad money after bad makes it a twofer!

Meanwhile in other fun GOP controlled states:

6 Likes

This is a display of RW “rationality” at its finest: pay a couple of hundred grand in order to publicize and validate their loss of a major, high profile referendum that completely undercut the basic credibility of their cause. Just masterful!

This. See my recent post about the 16-year-old girl in Florida

6 Likes

Here in Arizona the Rs wasted some state money and tons of private money to “audit” Maricopa County. As an audit, it was a total bust.

But… folks who supported and still support the audit and the Big Lie are now the R candidates for governor, attorney general, secretary of state, and U.S. senator.

Cui bono? – Each and every one of them.

3 Likes

If these troublemakers would lay off the recount hysteria, I’m sure that would bring voters more peace than anything else. Hope that guy who paid the state of Kansas on his credit card can afford the interest charge!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available