A Veep Who Wants Your Skin Ripped Off

“I don’t think you should be flying a flag showing his political position when you’ve got a job like he does, where you need to be impartial,” she said. “He’s entitled to his opinion, but I don’t think it should be so obvious when you’re a Supreme Court justice.”

Another local, who grew up in the area but now lives in the Pacific Northwest, was having lunch at Kubel’s, a casual spot nearby Alito’s house that was namechecked on TV by the late Anthony Bourdain. Sitting beside a clutch of family members, who still reside in town, “Marsha” said the flag “showed [Alito’s] bias.” These days, she went on, “People feel like they’re entitled to do anything they want. And the only opinion that matters is their own.”

“How far do we go before we normalize a lot of abnormal behavior?” asked “Stan,” a longtime South Jersey resident. “I’d say there are no words, but there are words.”
Alito’s flag-flying struck him as “about as dishonest as it gets.”

“Confidence in the judiciary has been shaken down to its bedrock,” the man said. “What [the right-wing] is really good at, is being really bad.”

An upcoming demonstration against the “summering” justice is scheduled to take place Aug. 2 at Alito’s house.

“Protest Samuel Alito, arrogant American leader from New Jersey at his beach home,” the event notice tells prospective attendees. “Led by pissed off neighbors.”

36 Likes

Their fire burn and cauldron “bubbling laughter”?

12 Likes

Perhaps they can get Rand Paul’s neighbor as a “special guest protester “.

20 Likes

As States United Action notes, there are 151 election deniers who hold office in the House of Representatives with 67 on the ballot in 2024,

Maybe someone has commented on this above. If so, sorry for the repeat.

If only 67 House deniers are on the ‘24 ballot that means 84 of them aren’t running? All House positions are on the ballot.

9 Likes

20 Likes

On the other hand, who need Congress then?    : - )

5 Likes

Maybe they’re actually going to give Trump immunity. Less than he wants, but much more than we think. It makes sense. They wouldn’t have heard the case if they weren’t.

25 Likes

23 Likes

Tom Cotton’s greatest hits also include his letter to the ayatollahs of Iran during the Obama administration while it was negotiating the nuclear disarmament treaty, telling them not to trust the American (Democrat) government.

24 Likes

Indeed. It’s one of the preferred weapons for the Zombie Apocalypse when there are no more bullets for your AR-15.

My wife and I have had arguments about this. I like machetes, she says the best anti-zombie tool is a length of iron rebar. She watches a lot of zombie movies, so I’ll have to defer to her expertise in this.

12 Likes

Trump went on TV and said he was “looking at” restrictions on contraceptives

There has to be punishment for women who get an abortion.
– Donald Trump

13 Likes

I’m with your wife. I keep a couple of long wood clamps by the door for that reason.

9 Likes

Tsf was a non-racist, loved by black people back when he was calling for five innocent black men to be put to death on his say-so.

Who knew.

22 Likes

“The best anti-zombie tool”
…is surrounding your house with treadmills.

18 Likes

This interpretation is interesting to say the least.

21 Likes

Trump used the Bronx rally to expand his outreach to Gangsta voters. (un-paywalled).

3 Likes

Is there a hidden white supremacist flavor here? I mean beyond the “I’ve lost the plot” aspects don’t the Chinese have lots of their own athletes they could use to breed “biologically enhanced soldiers” from?

11 Likes

I guess the movie Colossus: The Forbin Project will soon be non-fiction.

3 Likes

As well you should. Toronto is well known for its gangs of roving lumber thieves. They delight in breaking in and stealing white spruce studs.

15 Likes

I think we forget that in addition to the “Positive Self Image” aspects of those participation trophies part of the reason for them was to prevent the parents from killing one another on the sidelines.

9 Likes