Republicans So Badly Want To Run Against The Black Guy

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484695
1 Like

76 Likes

#pretzelkitteh

34 Likes

Is this their tribute to Joe Lieberman? pspsps cat.

41 Likes

Ooops was still posting on yesterday’s thread when MM came up

It’s a pretty good read if you want to watch the sausage being unmade in the RW echo chamber. Lake is going on an all out media blitz to bury the reality of what his happening to her in court. Very Chump-like.

See also:
Thirsty Gnome says:
@KristiNoem
Thank God @realdonaldchump was President
during the first days of COVID.

===
Republican’s 3 Rs
Relentlessly Rewriting Reality

51 Likes

MAGA Strikes Again!!! … … … Or don’t be against Gonzaga basketball

49 Likes

Well, “Gonzaga” DOES sound kinda Mexican . . .

29 Likes

A question not limited to Mr. Mangi’s potential appointment: why do Dem pols always seem to be running scared?

22 Likes

Senate Democrats are not uniting around him en masse but rather letting him twist in the wind.

This couldn’t possibly be because of AIPAC money; could it?

17 Likes

According to a story yesterday in the NYT about Trump’s criminal trial in NY it has been determined that the photo of Trump behind bars supposedly posted by Judge Merchan’s daughter came from a phony account, a classic false flag operation.

67 Likes

Oddly the Rep. doubled down on “Invaders!!” and would not admit his mistake. He must really hate basketball.

33 Likes

Trump’s latest posting about how Joe Buden disinformates and misinformates is something to behold. This is one posting that we know with certainty was written by him. I don’t think it has gotten the attention that it deserves. Billboards, please.

He is cracking under Joe Buden’s ridicule. When have we ever seen any politician get in his face like this? This is a new life experience for bully Trump. If only the Republicans running against him in 2016 had the guts to do this back then. We might have been spared years of misery.

71 Likes

20240329_Reproductive_Vote

64 Likes

Colbert riffed on this post earlier this week in his monologue.

One is left wondering if Trump has become this illiterate because of dementia, or is he intentionally sounding illiterate because he thinks it amuses his base? Some of his base may actually think that Trump is using elegant words.

42 Likes

I’ve lost count of all the times callers I deal with tell me how much they love Jesus and Trump…and they prove it by screaming about “N” words on welfare while those devout Christians say they have to work for a living…unlike “those people”…

38 Likes

Baltimore bridge collapse: The decline of Twitter as measured by disasters - Vox
Twitter, now X, was once a useful site for breaking news. The Baltimore bridge collapse shows those days are long gone.

Here are some of the tweets that got attention in the hours after the collapse: Paul Szypula, a MAGA influencer with more than 100,000 followers on X, tweeted “Synergy Marine Group [the company that owned the ship in question] promotes DEI in their company. Did anti-white business practices cause this disaster?” alongside a screenshot of a page on the company’s website that discussed the existence of a diversity and inclusion policy.

That tweet got more than 600,000 views. Another far-right influencer speculated that there was some connection between the collapse and, I guess, Barack Obama? I don’t know. The tweet got 5 million views as of mid-day Wednesday.

42 Likes

After reading about the Georgia republican who vote NINE times only to receive a $5000 fine, I was very happy to read this:

It only took eight years. :angry: Yes, white people have it really tough. So, so persecuted.

105 Likes

One small ray of light:

2021’s “concerned suburban dad in a fleece vest,” who was anointed as the next Reagan, is politically dead. I’m talking about Glenn Youngkin. The erstwhile Carlyle CEO’s plan to bring a Sports Arena to traffic-clogged Northern Virginia flopped like a landed carp.

It was never about “economic development.” Sports venues do not bring in money, they merely reallocate entertainment dollars the public would spend elsewhere anyway. And the jobs they create are typically seasonal, minimum-wage jobs (and since Youngkin vetoed an increase in the minimum wage, compensation would remain low).

Nope, it’s all about one oligarch (Youngkin) strong-arming Virginia taxpayers to subsidize a fellow oligarch (Washington Caps and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis) in the hopes that a few million dollars of that loot would come Youngkin’s way once he left the governorship and got on the board of some Potomac Yards redevelopment corporation.

61 Likes

“The best Gonzaga Bowls are made right here at the restaurant in Trump Tower. Happy Cinco de Mayo!”

41 Likes

OK! I didn’t know about The Buden Affair so I looked it up.

Here is what Chump wrote in that post (though I rarely like to give his utterances any kind of boost)

“I’m not running to terminate the ACA, AS CROOKED JOE BUDEN [sic] DISINFORMATES [sic] AND MISINFORMATES [sic] ALL THE TIME,” Trump wrote in the post which was riddled with spelling errors.

“I’m running to CLOSE THE BORDER, STOP INFLATION, MAKE OUR ECONOMY GREAT, STRENGTHEN OUR MILITARY, AND MAKE THE ACA, or OBAMACARE, AS IT IS KNOWN, MUCH BETTER, STRONGER, AND FAR LESS EXPENSIVE.”

“IN OTHER WORDS, MAKE THE ACA MUCH, MUCH, MUCH BETTER FOR FAR LESS MONEY (OR COST) TO OUR GREST [sic] AMERICAN CITIZENS, WHO HAVE BEEN DECIMATED BY BIDEN, HIS RECORD INFLATION, BAD ECONOMY, AFGHANISTAN CATASTROPHE, AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE,” he continued. “CROOKED JOE BIDEN IS, BY FAR, THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES!”

He concluded his rant by typing, “MAGA2024.”

===
and here is the Biden ad

65 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available