Jan. 6 Architect John Eastman Roasted By Judge In Disbarment Case

Can’t disagree

Kinda dovetails with my point up above…what good has he EVER done? Most people, inadvertently if nothing else, might have had an actual ‘success’ where more people benefitted than not. Lawd knows he had enough whacks at it, 100 different ventures.

We have a party who not only elected such a president once…they willingly enslaved themselves to such a ruinous person and stayed glued even as he descended deep into treason, out of power, and want him back knowing how poisonous he is.

If we look at what most presidents and high elected officials have, it’s some sort of success story.
A military career, helped millions of people, pulled someone from a burning building, got a cat down out of a tree, etc.

The only successes he’s had were his retellings and lies. Hot air. And half a nation swore allegiance to it and have been doubling down ever since.

===
https://www.rawstory.com/morning-joe-today-2667631465/

President Joe Biden was joined by two of his Democratic predecessors for a fundraiser that raked in more than $26 million, and MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough pointed out that Donald Trump would never be able to put together that sort of public display of support.

Former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton joined Biden at the star-studded event moderated by late night host Stephen Colbert in New York City, and The Atlantic’s Mark Leibowitz told the “Morning Joe” host that he was struck by that show of unity around the president.

“There is a coherence of purpose when you see three presidents up there,” Leibowitz said. “When you contrast that to, I mean, you will not see a living former Republican president or nominee anywhere near a Trump rally going forward. I mean, this is not a party that has a past, you know, before Donald Trump came on the scene.”

Scarborough agreed, saying that former Trump officials were among the ex-president’s harshest critics.

“That’s such a great point,” Scarborough said. “Let me interrupt because you’re making a great point, I want to ruin it right now. No, you just said, we have three Democratic presidents, you would never find a Republican president onstage with Donald Trump. You also won’t find his own vice president of four years. You won’t find his first, second or third secretary of defense. You won’t find his secretary of states, you won’t find his secretary of treasury. You won’t find Elaine Chao onstage with him. You won’t find any CIA directors on stage with him. You won’t find 20, 25, 30 of his top people onstage with him because they all say he is bad for America. What a contrast, what a great point for you to bring up.”

7 Likes

All excellent points by Scarborough, but that won’t stop millions of people from casting a vote for President for TIFBG. The party, what remains of it, has become a cult. Like lemmings, they follow that fool right off the cliff.

Watch for Koolaid futures toward the end of this year…

1 Like

I do agree with the “colonizing” bit. (Personally, I’m not opposed to having some sort of outpost there.) The idea of making that planet habitable enough to support tens of thousands of people seems to me to carry as a subtext that Earth is disposable; unless I’ve missed it, Musk and others don’t spend much if any time, let alone money, on solving/mitigating climate change here, ensuring stable food supplies and clean water, etc. Relatively speaking, that kind of work is not only considerably cheaper than making Mars habitable, it would also benefit far more people than the Mars stuff would.

5 Likes

Exactly. We can’t even keep a world live-able when it was custom made for us, and was the wonder of the known universe.

4 Likes

That’s our Joe Scarborough!

I watch (or listen to) Morning Joe almost every weekday morning. Even when I disagree with the host(s), I must admit that the show has great guests.

5 Likes

I posted the other day on this. Kari Lake made an outrage video about how she’ll never stop fighting even when the Deep State tries to bankrupt her family and force her, her husband, and her kids to living on the street.

But in real life she was capitulating completely because her last bluff had been called forcing her to produce evidence and be subject to discovery.

My point was - Many more Rubes would see her outrage video than would actually see the real news of what occurred.

As usual, she is morphing that into an all out assault on reality in as many RW media venues as possible. It’s worth a read to see how their denial machine works. Just like The Thirsty Gnome upthread: Relentlessly Rewriting Reality.

3 Likes

I wish I could give this 666 likes!

7 Likes

Ooooh. I have good news, and bad news.

I see a period, more than a few months, of warm weather in your near future. Longer term, I see a period of relatively cooler, even cold, weather headed your way. Be prepared.

6 Likes

Maybe in Harrison?

Thanks for the link…I visited the website. Those are beautiful instruments (although why anyone would build a professional bass today without a C-extension escapes me). My immediate first thought was, “If you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it.” Does she store it in its case with a case for the case?

2 Likes

It wasn’t quite as much as a new car. No she plays it nearly every day, takes it to rehearsals. She is considering a new CF case for lighter and more protection.

Lots of basses are built with the standard 4 string. Lots of practice building those.

1 Like

That struck me too. You’re making a great point so let me interrupt? How about letting him carry on to expand on his “great point”? Wouldn’t that make more sense?

1 Like

I’ve heard really good stuff about the BAM cases and I know they are big in String World. (I started investigating cases when I decided to buy a new bass. The case it was supplied with seems to be made of MDF–it is heavy.)

For winds, Wiseman (out of the UK) are state-of-the-art in protection (and cost proportionately). They do make trombone cases, but they are just too pricey for me. If you’ve got a $20K bassoon or flute/picc pair, it may make sense to pay $2K for a case. But for a $5-6K trombone???

Marcus Bonna out of Brazil is the current darling casemaker for brasses (at least in the trombone and horn fraternities). I’ve got a Bonna case on order for my new bass. I’m not sure, but I think Bonna makes CF violin cases, too.

2 Likes

I could only watch 2 minutes of this bullshit. I was looking for confirmation of the stee astement in the story that the video documented his physical deterioration. I gotta say, I didn’t see that.

Maybe this was 20th take till he got it right. But he looked OK to me.

Perfect.

Just imagine if a D or some other Rule-Of-Law-Constrained personage had tried to replace the head of the DOJ in such a manner. There would be no other explanation other than you were a crook and trying to get away with something huge.

===
In the waning days of former President Donald Trump’s first term, he weighed a plan to install DOJ official Jeffrey Clark as his acting attorney general, only to apparently decide against it after the threat of mass resignations at the DOJ convinced him it would backfire.

However, Politico reports that an attorney representing Clark is now claiming that Trump really did appoint him to be acting AG, only to rescind the appointment shortly afterward.

According to Politico, attorney Harry MacDougald said on Thursday during Clark’s disciplinary hearing that "there was a period on Jan. 3 when he was the acting attorney general until the president changed his mind later that day.”

Trump had wanted to appoint Clark to run the DOJ so that the department would publicly announce that the results of the 2020 election had been “corrupt,” after which Trump would pressure Republicans in Congress to refuse to certify the election results on January 6th, 2021.

It was never clear whether Trump actually went through with appointing Clark to run the DOJ, although White House call logs obtained by the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th Capitol riots showed that Clark was referred to as “Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Clark” during a call between him and Trump that occurred on the afternoon of January 3rd.

That said, Politico also interviewed some former Trump DOJ officials who were skeptical that Clark was ever really put in charge of DOJ for even a limited amount of time.

“I never heard of any of that until I read it in a media account long after we left Washington,” said Richard Donoghue, one of the Trump DOJ officials who threatened to resign if Trump made Clark the AG. “I find that claim to be implausible.”

===
whoops wrong thread

2 Likes

This a plot by MTG to make MAGA Mike Johnson palatable to anyone to sane people.

2 Likes

Not only was Donald Segretti disbarred, he also served four months in prison along with many others in the Nixon administration including AG John Mitchell.

In the Savings and Loan scandal in the eighties 1,100 people were prosecuted, including top executives at many of the largest failed banks. But in the 2008 financial crisis, only one minor player, Kareem Serageldin, was put behind bars.

Apparently imprisoning white collar criminals has gone out of fashion.

1 Like

How fitting.

“I am only morallly allowed to say five words, and that is ‘The check cleared the bank.’ Those are the only five words that I’m morally allowed to say,” Huffman told CNN in response.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available