Republicans So Badly Want To Run Against The Black Guy

It’s my favorite weekend of the men’s NCAA tourney… Caitlin Clark’s Iowa team plays again Saturday in the women’s tourney.

You seem really confused. It’s called the Candidate’s Tournament, and it doesn’t start until April 3rd. There’s no one by that name in the women’s section. Do you mean Vaishali Rameshbabu?

2 Likes

Only 9!?!? What a slacker!

38 Likes

RepublicaNs don"t want to Run against PuPPY!

54 Likes

He promised to make Obamacare better when he was president. What happened? He forgot about it, apparently.

45 Likes

I see the Russian bots in the comments spreading the usual lies.

10 Likes

Heh! Run agaist the Black guy and git yer ass whupped sgain!!

29 Likes

Trump didn’t forget about Obamacare when he was president. He actively tried to repeal it, losing by one vote (McCain) in the senate. We can’t forget that.

65 Likes

Just a quick post to thank you, David, as well as Josh and the whole TPM gang for putting out this great site day after day. I read a lot of news – too much, really – and I try to support it when I can with actual money. For actual punch-above-its-weight chops, I’m fondest of TPM. Never any regrets about my AF subscription.

For those out there who are on the fence (but can afford it), become a TPM member. Well worth it!

88 Likes

QOTD – They Died As Americans

Will Bunch at the Philadelphia Inquirer ($$) writes movingly about immigration, immigrants, demagogues, and the lives lost on the Francis Scott Key bridge in Baltimore, concluding:

When the Dali cargo shipdemolished that bridge support on Tuesday, it also obliterated all the ridiculous lies and myths our demagogues have been spreading around immigration. There were no sex traffickers aboard the Key Bridge that night. Nobody was dealing fentanyl. They were not “animals,” but fathers and husbands like [Maynor Yassir] Suazo [Sandoval] and [Miguel] Luna, whose wife occasionally showed up in her food truck to bring the men tacos and pupusas. They were filling potholes so their children could have an even better life.

These six workers who perished were not “poisoning the blood of our country,” they were replenishing it. This is a moment of clarity when we need to reject the national disease of xenophobia and restore our faith in the United States as a beacon for the best people like Suazo. They may have been born all over the continent, but when these men plunged into our waters on Tuesday, they died as Americans.

CNN has profiles of some the immigrant men who lost their lives on the bridge on Tuesday. In addition to Suazo Sandoval and Luna, there’s Jose Mynor Lopez and Dorlian Castillo Cabrera, who are also profiled, and Alejandro Hernandez Fuentes and Dorlian Ronial Castillo Cabrera. The profiles are worth the time to read and to remember the next time some Malignant Loser opens his evil, hateful, bigoted mouth.

100 Likes

The “Republican Party” has long since been beyond redemption. It is dead: morally and ethically. Unable to be resuscitated.

39 Likes

“…so badly want to run against the Black guy.”

Which demonstrates just how stupid they are, and how utterly dependent they are upon the (fading, dying) feral MAGAt base’s racist hatred: because if they were running against the Black guy, he’d kicked their asses even harder than Joe is going to.

Putting a marker on it:

• Joe wins
  • We hold the Senate
  • Mike Johnson is shredded as Speaker
  • We take the House
  • We get a real revival of the New Deal, from the last Rust Belt Dem president, which FDR created and Reagan eviscerated
  • The Republican party devolves into a splinter group and the utterly corrupt SCOTUS is sidelined until the vile Alito and Thomas die.

Fuck it. Go big. Dream hard.

#GOTFV
(“Get Out the Fucking Vote”)

105 Likes

More like Gonzaga Bowels when you consider the effects of Adderall.

8 Likes

Governor Fleece Vest is a textbook example as to why businessmen are unsuited for elected office. Government is ALL about cooperation and compromise – NOT “my way or the highway”. And him getting sandbagged by Ted Leonsis and Muriel Bowser was the cherry on top.

47 Likes

Seriously, who would’ want to run against Puppy?

20 Likes

Ack! You’re right. McCain saved the day and the look on McConnell’s face was priceless. A good chance to get Obama, and he failed.
That whole four years was a nightmare that I’d rather forget.

48 Likes

Oh we remember how The Washington Post endlessly pumped up Bumpkin Youngkin and anointed him to be Biden’s main challenger in 2024. And of course the rest of the Corporate Controlled Conservative Press recited that same bullshit.

Seems Virginians really don’t like a phony fraud who wants to have Xtian Sex Police stamp out abortion, IVF, birth control and they don’t want self-appointed morality police peeping in their bedrooms like this guy!

32 Likes

Seriously, we need to start a whole Kittens & Puppies for Biden & Harris movement.

20 Likes

I see no path back for the Republican party.

I mean, look at it.

35 Likes

My cat, Wrigley. He tackles everything in the house that moves!

21 Likes

TMFWWNBN’S handlers are all looking at each other, asking “who gave the moron the password again? You know it’s the Jewish Nazis job to post.”

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available