Republicans So Badly Want To Run Against The Black Guy

Remember when he admitted that he didn’t realize how complicated it was? I guess it isn’t complicated any longer. Or perhaps he’s betting that his supporters will forget that it’s complicated. They’ll be fine with gutting “Obamacare” as long as the government stays out of the ACA and Medicare.

32 Likes

If you haven’t seen it: https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-families-of-key-bridge-collapse
Show your love.

ETA: That one closed with $98K and another one opened: https://www.baltimorecivicfund.org/key-bridge-response-fund

26 Likes

Cue up the chant, “Dead man walking. Dead man walking.”

Consign him to the dustbins of history under “Who?”

6 Likes

GOP on ACA has always been to remove it so they could replace it with something waaaaaaaay better. Also, too, the Grinch said he would improve and then return the Xmas tree that Cindy Lou Who caught him stealing. But I digress.
No Republican has ever offered an improved health care plan for the American people. Zero. I’m pretty sure they want us to suffer and die, considering what a fine mess TFG made of it when he was in charge.

31 Likes

Just an FYI

24 Likes

“Gonzaga Invaders” is a great name for a basketball team.

29 Likes

And Youngkin was never about jobs. He nixed the Ford EV battery plant in Southside Virginia (which desperately needed the jobs) to play to the MAGA crowd’s paranoia because there was a Chinese connection with the battery manufacture.

But that is relatively inconsequential when the actual plant is on US sovereign soil. The problem with Tesla (other than that Musk is a scumbag) is that most of his plant is now in China, and he is in some sense hostage to the CCP. (but funny, you don’t hear the MAGAts attacking Musk).

Whereas Northern VA is at full employment, trafficked-jammed 18/24, and doesn’t need the minimum wage scraps Youngkin was throwing around (with VA taxpayer money).

36 Likes

Undead, alas. And staggering about unevenly, looking for brains to eat.

30 Likes

I had no idea the Drudge Report was still a thing.

And where’s Free Republic? Wasn’t it run by someone from Fresno?

7 Likes

Better than Zags?

5 Likes

We’re a small network of like-minded folks with a certain sensibility and outlook

And beer. We like beer. We don’t have a problem with beer. We drink beer. We bathe in beer.

18 Likes

OT:

This morning I woke up and realized that I’m not even sure Biden is really running fore re-election. Sure, sure, he just had a fund raiser that raised some $25 Million, (none of which is going to be spent on civil judgments against President Biden), but, but, but…

Is Joe Biden selling Bibles?

Is Joe Biden selling sneakers?

Is Joe Biden selling cologne?

Is Joe Biden even running for re-election?

52 Likes

I’m with ya, for the most part. I do see a Party of conservatives rising again, though, absent the delusions latched onto by the MAGAt crowd. But, that just means that the new conservative party and those leftover MAGAts will be much smaller in number. Still, this does not mean that either or both will not be without significant power, as each will retain the principle of demonizing liberals, progressives, LBGTQ, DEI, immigrants, Obama, Pelosi, and AOC, and all the rest of the culture war issues, as well. As far as voters are concerned, far too many of them still, and always will cling to those culture war issues, meaning that they will sometimes win. Now, between the MAGAts and the new conservative party, i cannot predict which one will be the larger. For quite some time, i fear the MAGAts will be the dominate opposition. Hope with me that i’m wrong.

13 Likes

That explains a lot about the MAGA zombies.

11 Likes

Check that. They do not eat brains, they have no interest in brains. They are, in fact, coprophagic.

29 Likes

Here is the link to the NYT story about the fake post attributed to Judge Merchan’s daughter

But there was a problem with his claim: The New York State Court system says the account on X is bogus.

Although the handle once belonged to the judge’s daughter, Loren Merchan, she deleted it about a year ago, a court spokesman said. Someone else — it is unclear who — has since taken it over. Its profile picture is now a childhood portrait of Vice President Kamala Harris.

“The X, formerly Twitter, account being attributed to Judge Merchan’s daughter no longer belongs to her,” said Al Baker, the spokesman for the state’s Office of Court Administration. “It is not linked to her email address, nor has she posted under that screen name since she deleted the account. Rather, it represents the reconstitution, last April, and manipulation of an account she long ago abandoned.”

Any media outlet that reports Trump attacking the judge’s daughter for this post should also be reporting that the post is a false flag attempt by the right wing.

52 Likes

Senate Dems Not Covering Themselves In Glory

When it came out that SCOTUS conservative Justices had basically been taking undisclosed bribes for decades, all they could come up with were some sternly worded letters and a voluntary invite to one of the bribers to speak in front of Congress (he declined). Senate Dems have a spine as stiff as a wet noodle when it comes to the Courts. No surprise that they are dropping the ball here too.

17 Likes

Free Republic was run by the wack job Joseph Farrah. He was an early birther. Filled with a lot of anti Islam bile. I think the last time I visited the site was in 2008. His daughter Alysia worked for Trump and quit after January 6th. She’s now a vocal never Trumper. Welcome to the resistance!

16 Likes

I responded the other day on those whopping losses in web-traffic to RW sites (and somewhat less to ALL political sites) as fatigue and because there isn’t much new. It’s a rematch. Same people running again, nobody who already knows who they’re voting for needs to be deep-diving. Some have been at it hard for 8 years and all they’ve achieved is massive losses, humilations, and egg on their face. Qanon anyone? Not so much?

20 Likes

My broken brain turns it into a song.

Gone zaggin!
In our Radio Flyer Wagon! :notes:

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available