Discussion: White House: ‘Unfortunate’ If Widow Of Fallen Soldier ‘Misunderstood’ Trump

There was no misunderstanding.

Trump spoke from his heart, and he was perfectly clear - it was your jackass son’s fault for being dead. He made the wrong choice by signing up for the military.Too bad for all concerned that he made that mistake.

Two of my nephews recently signed up for the military, largely because they couldn’t find any other way to pay for college otherwise. They’ve both put themselves in harm’s way to achieve their dreams of a normal middle-class life, to serve a psychotic, irrational foreign policy entirely dependent on a lunatic’s whims.

My grandfather retired with 3 homes, as a union truck driver, during an entire generation of America’s economic growth. He never served in the military. In fact, he spent most of his early life as, technically an “Illegal.” An incredibly hard worker, respected by anyone who ever listened to his few words, an entirely honest man at a time when that counted for something…

Does anyone else see a problem in government focus here? Where are your 3 homes? Why in the world should two of my family have to sign up for military service to achieve the American dream, when we aren’t even (technically) at war?

When I went to college - the sole dream of my nephews - it was available almost for free. Now they have to pay for high school, to meet Betsy DeVos’ agenda, and pay insane amounts for continuing education. This is wrong. It does not serve America’s agenda. This is wrong.

8 Likes

Is it ok to ask General Dunford about this?

5 Likes

"Chief of Staff John Kelly got involved on Thursday, telling reporters he was “stunned” by the fact that Wilson had listened in on the phone call and calling Wilson an “empty barrel.”

You’re stunned that a family friend with working ears was in the car to accompany Mrs. Johnson as she went to receive her husband’s body? Why the fuck is that stunning? What, was she supposed to demand that they stop the car and let her out during the call which was on speakerphone? These people are so ridiculous. I’m sorry I ever defended Kelly. He’s as trashy and awful as the rest of them. No, he’s actually worse because I at least get the sense that he knows better.

20 Likes

I knew that. It’s just that I haven’t been able to get the adjustment correct on my “reaction to mention of Sarah Palin” meter and the auto-response kicks in. I’m working on it.

I’m aware that asking Dunford is a prime example of sh stirring, but seeing how Kelly used this memory while advising Trump.

1 Like

Yes and it’s really stunning and someone should ask him about it - that there was or was not a transcript that the daughter in law claims to have read that supports Trump’s version of events.

5 Likes

This memory was also of someone who personally knew the grieving father and who also knew that the father might be consoled by having a deep understanding of the circumstances of military service, because both the aggrieved and the comforter were in that space. A condolence call to a young widow with a family to raise alone should be considered a separate thing than what one says to a father who has lost a son. Why is this hard to figure out?

6 Likes

No, it won’t. Spicer and Priebus still haven’t found jobs. Objectively speaking, they’re far, far less offensive. She’ll never work again unless it’s for daddy and some scam he’s running. But no, the big money is over. When the R Party finally figures out how to shed itself of this monster, they’re going to clean house. Everyone associated with this administration will be kicked to the curb and excommunicated because they’ll be doing everything within their power to act like PP was never really a Republican. Sarah and KAC, particularly because they’re women who happen to be painfully ugly on the inside and out, will land on their asses the hardest.

16 Likes

True – and it didn’t have to be. Neither of them would be considered that hard to look at if they were decent humans to begin with. Not everyone has to be film-star pretty to be thought of in a good light, as long as they aren’t vile, lying, grifters.

5 Likes

Yeah, so Trump might have called the victim’s family back to correct his miscommunication. But no, he leaves it to his suck-ass to destroy his own reputation.

1 Like

That is already in process:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/colorado-republicans-forced-to-discount-tickets-to-see-mike-pence-due-to-low-sales/

8 Likes

You know what’s just truly stunning to me? Kelly’s willingness to use his son’s memory in service to this farce. I’m extremely protective of my mother’s memory. And that’s my mother, not my child. I can’t fathom not having handed in my resignation the moment that piece of shit evoked her name. I don’t care that he sees himself as the guardian of the gate. He should have bounced the moment that fool brought up his boy. The fact that he didn’t really says all that needs to be said about Kelly.

22 Likes

OT: I’m just throwing these out. One from Sep with the other being its follow up.

@matthew1961

11 Likes

In the long ,proud history of our Republic, has there ever been a more misunderstood President than the current occupant?What is so difficult about saying what you mean or taking a policy stance and understanding/adhering to your position?

2 Likes

Anyone surprised by this just hasn’t been paying attention the last year:

1. Trump does something horrible.
  2. He denies he did it
  3. Once it’s proved that he did do it, he says people misunderstood him
  4. When asked to explain the context, blame the people on the receiving end of the comment/action
  5. Complain that the media is unfair for even reporting it in the first place
  6. Distract everyone by repeating step 1…
9 Likes

Or not bright enough to fully appreciate Asshole Mouth’s smug, sociopathic language and voice on a call he was forced into making and for which he will never be prepared, much like his problem with every other duty in his current job.

They’ve all been packed into the Fuhrerbunker breathing and rebreathing the crazy for months now.

Because yeah, not normal. Not even normally abnormal. We’re in the kind of crazy-bubble one ordinarily only finds in the palaces of besieged dictators or mad emperors. Tiberius in his Capri villa stuff.

9 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Anybody remember this?

Back then it was CIA agents that “unfortunately” got offended by what Trump had to say.
This is a mess but special snowflake Kelly should look in the mirror, then look at his boss, and realize that a military rule is not what this country wants or needs, and that’s the reason .we have a constitution.

6 Likes

Yeah me too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available