Discussion: White House: ‘Unfortunate’ If Widow Of Fallen Soldier ‘Misunderstood’ Trump

1 Like

Trump: Its not her fault though, blacks are just genetically inferior.

5 Likes

What is more unfortunate is that instead of calling the widow back and apologizing and clarifying what was meant or intended, he called her, her family and those who heard the call liars.

47 Likes

This, of course, is exactly what the White House should have said from the beginning.

Trump will always make the wrong choice. Always. Indeed, I’m surprised he didn’t pick Sarah Palin to be his running mate.

19 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes

The president should apologize and Kelly should stop lying.

16 Likes

Non-narcissist: “I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear, and I apologize for causing you distress at such a difficult time. I’d like to reiterate that you have my deepest condolences, and that your husband did more to make the world a better place than the many of us could ever comprehend.”

Narcissist: “My boss, who is very busy MAGAing, would like you to know that you’re stupid and ungrateful. He’s the greatest man to ever be president; how dare you not understand his brilliant remarks?”

27 Likes

The word you’re willfully avoiding is “sorry.”

21 Likes

Honest to God…no, Ms. Huckster Sanders, he doesn’t have a ‘deep understanding’ of what a 6 months pregnant widow is going through. He knows what HE went through when he lost his son. Secondly, it is more than ‘unfortunate’. This is not about you, or Trump, or the General. This is about the widow and her husband and the damn games you are playing so you don’t have to answer questions about 4 dead soldiers in Niger. This passive aggressive BS to laud Donnie and blame the widow and her friends is egregious.

26 Likes

April Ryan or Jim Acosta really, really need to beat the living shit out of Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
It should now be required, like punching fucking Nazis.

9 Likes

And his failure to even use the man’s name, and repeatedly calling him “your guy,” was simply misunderstood in that—it was just a—nope, I give up. Not much room for misinterpretation there. Pretty damn offhand not to even make a note of the name before you call the next person on the list.

26 Likes

The disrespect from the office and the samples of the border wall are making me feel like I’m trapped and being held prisoner by evil people.
http://www.journalnow.com/news/nation_world/border-wall-samples-going-up-in-california-video/article_e57bcf35-5f77-511e-aac2-05bc41486383.html

9 Likes

No, Sarah, it’s “unfortunate” that I am not in the White House Press Room right now with a chain saw.

9 Likes

“My Guy–I thought it’s what you people said??”

8 Likes

Pro Tip if you want to be President: SUCK IT UP.

WTF. They’re arguing with a grieving widow, just apologize, accept responsibility, and move on. They’re not even trying to be the bigger person in this situation. Everyone knows Trump has no empathy, but one would think the other people in this administration (Huckabee-Sanders, Kelly, etc.) could at least feign empathy to move past the issue for f—s sake.

21 Likes

Fucking anti-American traitors–everyone of these folks from Trump to Kelly to all of the Cabinet.

10 Likes

They tried to have Obama beg forgiveness for not wearing a $.59 flag pin at a goddamned debate, but it’s OK for Trump’s press secretary to basically call a grieving, pregnant military widow a lying piece of shit.

16 Likes

Ah I see, today’s version of “victim-blaming”. This is a twist on “she shouldn’t have been wearing that, so I had to rape her”, or “I’m sorry IF you were offended.”

4 Likes

During the White House press briefing Friday, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it was “unfortunate” if the family “misunderstood.”

Wrong.

Here’s what’s unfortunate you mealy-mouthed running dog spokesturd…

This ENTIRE mis-Administration. Bottom (you) to the current occupant.

10 Likes

It’s such an own-goal, and a complete mockery of the First Rule of Holes.

THIS ISN’T HARD

I’M NOT A COMMUNICATIONS PERSON, MY GOD I’M AN ENGINEER, THAT’S THE FURTHEST THING FROM BEING A COMMUNICATIONS PERSON

SAY WE REGRET ANY MISCOMMUNICATION, [FAMILY’S NAME] HAS OUR SYMPATHY, AND QUIT DIGGING

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available