Discussion: WH Says 'Highly Inappropriate' For Reporter To Question 'Marine General'

The only rank higher than a four-star general is civilian.

17 Likes

He might be a 5-star General currently in command. He can still be questioned by a reporter or any other citizen. The first amendment does not make any exceptions about the military.

16 Likes

Just the latest chapter in the still being written non-fiction novel :

Everything/body Trump Touches Turns to Shit

ETA h/t Rick Wilson

4 Likes

Trumpā€™s new 4 star button pusher has become quite the television star. No stopping him now.

2 Likes

Nope, not until that seat in the board of directors of Lockheed or General Dynamics is lined up.

4 Likes

Especially not when the X Gen was caught lyingā€¦right, huckleberry!

1 Like

Sounds like Sanders is hiding behind Kelly

1 Like

More Sarah: ā€œI think if anybody is pushing a lot of fabricated things right now, I think most of that would be coming from the news media.ā€

Yes, indeed. Itā€™s the news media that is coming up with the proof that Trump, you, Kelly and the rest of the sycophants are fabricating, prevaricating, lying, making shit upā€¦and they are pushing that out there to the public.

4 Likes

To summarize:
It is inappropriate to doubt the integrity or question the claims of the POTUS, his military leadership, or his appointed staff members. To do so is unAmerican. *

• unless a Democrat happens to be the standing President, or the staffer has contradicted policies or statements made by the POTUS ā€¦ in which case itā€™s everyoneā€™s civic duty to challenge, insult, belittle, and threaten the anti-Trump infidels.
6 Likes

Let me be direct and succinct: Fuck you, Sarah. We are the American people and we will question whoever we want, including you and those you are working for. Let me repeat: Fuck you.

13 Likes

Dictatorship from the top to the soon to be far more downtrodden.

1 Like

Kelly had said most Americans didnā€™t even know anyone who knew anyone who belonged to the ā€œone per cent,ā€ he was now explicitly denying a majority of Americansā€”or the journalists representing themā€”the right to ask questions. This was a new twist on the Trump Administrationā€™s technique of shunning and shaming unfriendly members of the news media, except this time, it was framed explicitly in terms of national loyalty. As if on cue, the first reporter allowed to speak inserted the phrase ā€œSemper Fiā€ā€”a literal loyalty oathā€”into his question.

Yep, press isnā€™t always the best at looking out for Americans.

1 Like

What pure bullsh*t !!! NO Marine would so dishonor the Corp and himself by what Kelly did yesterday! He is not a glowing representative of the Marine Corp - he is a disgrace for lying and for attacking a member of Congress !
He should be ashamed of himself, he disgraced himself.

4 Likes

ā€œIf you want to go after Gen. Kelly, thatā€™s up to you,ā€ Sanders said. ā€œBut I think that, if you want to get into a debate with a four-star Marine general, I think that thatā€™s something highly inappropriate.ā€

Iā€™m only a lowly retired Army Colonel but Iā€™d gladly debate this particular four-star over this matter.

While serving my country I never found it inappropriate to stand my ground when I knew I was in the right. I got that from my first boss, Army Colonel David Hackworth, a truly honorable soldier.

So Sarah, how about we stop speaking your nonsense psycho-babble and get down into the nitty-gritty details of what happened in Niger, HMMMmmmm?

21 Likes

Reminds me of a jury-duty experience where, during the voir dire, the prosecutor asked potential jurors whether they would give more credibility to a police officer than other testimony. My response: ā€œtheyā€™d better have some corroborating evidenceā€ got me excused.

Oops, Gen. Kelly and SHS, thereā€™s video and itā€™s refuting, so Iā€™m going to feel free to question.

8 Likes

Kneel? Of course not! Kneeing is disrespectful of the Flag, and The Military, and DONNIE!

Oh, wait, no - youā€™re white, youā€™re supposed to kneel in front of Generals, and Donnie, and donā€™t forget to tug your forelock - they love it when you tug your forelockā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m thinking about the ā€œPirates of Penzanceā€ and Major General Stanley who lies about being an ā€œaarphanā€

Just bear in mind that we are wards in Chancery-
And Father is a Major-General!
SAMUEL:

Weā€™d better pause, or danger may befall-
Their father is a Major-General!
DAUGHTERS:

Yes, yes, he is a Major-General!

2 Likes

I donā€™t either. I think the polling firms and the media are always afraid to show how unpopular a president can actually be. Especially a Republican one, who they try to boost as much as possible.
As far as the twelve Americans go, Tena: a few of them might still like Trump, but they sure as hell wouldnā€™t have the balls to admit it. Itā€™s like admitting that you have a poster of Charles Manson above your bed.
And donā€™t you just want to slap the hell out of that rancid turd, Sarah Sansabelt? Whereā€™s Hannibal Lecter and his fava beans when you need him, huh?

5 Likes

As we say in Minnesota, all hot, no dish.

5 Likes

While all this nonsense is going on, the House is queuing up the Kansas-style Senate budget bill for a once-in-a-lifetime transfer of wealth from the 99% to the 1%, setting up massive cuts in health care and discretionary spending in 2018. If we repeat the Kansas experiment, time to start preparing for the Depression of 2019.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available