Discussion: WH Says 'Highly Inappropriate' For Reporter To Question 'Marine General'

2 Likes

Good, that will scare them away ! A very wise choice of words, Sarah !

22 Likes

Especially when he’s riding a white horse.

31 Likes

Mmmm, just what this week from the depths of hell really needed was a spicy dash of thoughtcrime. I am sure Paul Ryan finds it “not constructive” and possibly even “concerning”.

43 Likes

and this behavior continueeeessss

29 Likes

Marine generals can say whatever they want, and you’ll be sorry if you contradict them.

Welcome to your slow-motion military coup.

78 Likes

The White House on Friday told a journalist who asked about errors chief of staff John Kelly made Thursday that it would be “highly inappropriate” to “get into a debate with a four-star Marine general.”

Um no. As long as we live in a country where the military is nominally under civilian control we have that right.

62 Likes

“If you want to go after Gen. Kelly, that’s up to you,” Sanders said. “But I think that, if you want to get into a debate with the four-star Marine general, I think that that’s something highly inappropriate.”

raises hand

reporter: “so what is general kelly’s opinion about Rick Perry going after Mr. Khan?”

44 Likes

Why would anyone expect a competent spokesperson from such an incompetent, worse-than-nothing administration? They, like the rest of the GOPers, only know how to do damage. Their only ideas are how to give more money to those who need it the least.

24 Likes

Shorter WH: Its totally appropriate and required by law to question a black president about his Birth Certificate and transcripts.

45 Likes

I saw it and it made my jaw drop.
I said it before, I’ll say it again, this is similar to when Spicer lied about the Inauguration. Instead of admitting the error, they are digging deeper - but this issue is way worse than what Spicer did. A COS actually lied about something a Congresswoman said/did and they are sticking to their original story. It’s mind boggling!!!

I gotta get some damn sleep :worried:

EDIT: I forgot the name of the reporter. He has graying hair, is Caucasian, kinda tall, wore a pick dress shirt…
Anyway he was direct and wouldn’t let up. He was pissed too.

36 Likes

And he is serving in a civilian capacity right now, I believe ?

26 Likes

WH Says ‘Highly Inappropriate’ For Reporter To Question 'Marine General’

I do not agree with everything about Thomas Jefferson, although he was for a time my hero after I visited Monticello… But one thing he got right, and I urge everybody is to reconsider their position of the military. Criticizing the military is the right thing to do.

> A standing army has always been used by despots to enforce their rule and to keep their people under subjection. Its existence was therefore considered a great threat to peace and stability in a republic and a danger to the rights of the nation. Since every aspect of government was designed to prevent the rise of tyranny, strict limits and control over the military were considered absolutely necessary. It was essential that the military be subordinate to civilian control.

> Thomas Jefferson

48 Likes

Hey, fuck you, Sarah.
American citizens are NOT subservient to a military general. Generals are subservient to the citizens of this nation, even the members of the press.
Kiss my ass, you traitorous bitch!

68 Likes

Not even pretending not to be fascist now.

68 Likes

Chip Reid

8 Likes

The military of this country ought to be reminded who pays in order for them to be playing “patriot” & “hero”.

7 Likes

YES!!! That’s right!
Chip Reid.
Thank you!!!

editted to fix my awful typos.

2 Likes
16 Likes

I don’t see it as slow at all. Military coups can take some time. First you get several generals in top government jobs, then you begin threatening people who want to ask them questions, then… Well, that does take some time.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available