Discussion: WATCH: 2 Minutes Of CNN's Over-The-Top Runaway Blimp Coverage

Discussion for article #242263

♫ Runaway blimp, tearin’ up the sky
Ain’t nobody askin’ why
A giant bag with a helium fillin’
Could somehow cost the Army $2.7 billion ♫

1 Like

“We’ll stay on top of this very disturbing story. And we’ve never seen anything like this in the United States before,”

Jesus Fuck. I’m beginning to think Blitzer and Tantaros are actually the same person, because I am truly loosing my ability to distinguish between the two through the blinding cosmic radiance of the event horizon at the edge of their derp singularity.

9 Likes

I knew it!

1 Like

it’s over. chris christie has been captured.

4 Likes

“We’ve never seen anything like this in the United States before
”
-Wolf Blitzer

https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/balloon2.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=640

7 Likes

C’mon CNN, I thought you were the first with breaking coverage!

A suspect who’s believed to have detached the “Runaway Blimp” has been apprehended:

This is the problem with 24 hour news channels. There’s not enough real “news” to justify 24 hours every day.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Obviously much more exciting and relevant to Americans’ lives than tonight’s GOP debate.

Even the local news people can’t help amping everything up to absurd levels. Like 20 years ago they started yelling, literally almost-yelling, in the beginning of the winter when three-quarters of an inch of snow would fall in the Philly area. There’d be grass still sticking up through it on the lawns, and these people would be carrying on like it was lava falling out of the sky and not fluffy white stuff that meant you had to slow down a bit on the road. It’s no wonder people don’t know a goddamn thing about the world around them.

6 Likes

Spot news, the police blotter, the daily noise, wasn’t so much the province of networks until after deregulation and the hyper political frenzy of the Bush II years where today it’s used as bulk time filler between political nonsense. Networks, once, had a broader, educational approach believe it or not.
Once legendary local investigative and documentary news operations in my city have, today, been reduced to police blotter, traffic reports, weather and, a recent addition, birthdays and pet news!

Media deregulation killed a Federal licensing requirement, something called ‘Community Ascertainment’, where the broadcaster seeks out the needs of the local audience. “The FCC now relies on [the much less expensive] broadcasters and the marketplace to meet their general obligation to serve their local communities.” Yea, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

(Written in Squishese but a good primer)

4 Likes

Gawd, look at Wolf’s face. You’d swear he was seeing this:

7 Likes

Witness the recent weather cataclysm that occurred in Texas and then up into the northeast. I am truly shocked any of us lived through it. The hype (in a years-long span of time without major tropical weather) about the low merging with the remnants of Patricia was more than I remember for hurricanes Rita or Ike.

Many local events were cancelled or rescheduled, we were told to stay off the roads, and everyone hunkered down waiting for the
 light to moderate rain that fell for several hours. For sure there was some localized flooding, but come on, people!

3 Likes

It can surveil an area the size of Texass? What and how is it surveilling? How do we know there aren’t listening devices onboard to hear us down below? Am I paranoid? Did I just subscribe to the tinfoil hat club? What do we know about this behemoth anyway?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41q0iE2vgwL.jpg
My kid used to have one of these. Is this blimp supposed to be a giant listening post in the sky?

Me thinks I need to lay off the coffee today perhaps.

1 Like

The Blimp That Can See Around Corners!, A CNN Special Report

2 Likes

Same here in Michigan. Light rain all last night, today and probably tomorrow. Sucks, but its not like we haven’t seen rain here in the fall before. In fact, I can’t remember a Halloween here in the last several years when it didn’t rain on that day at some point. Meanwhile the U.P. and other areas of the State from increasing lake effect will get several feet of snow at some point every winter but OMG when it snows 3-4 inches out east
Katy bar the door.

1 Like

I bet Alex Jones starts screaming that this was a foiled government plot to get our guns.

3 Likes

Oh, the humanity!

2 Likes

actually there’s plenty of real news to cover; it’s just that it typically requires reading documents and an ability to analyze that information.

i haven’t seen once today any report on the court decision ordering alabama to reinstate the funding for planned parenthood
 you know that issue that was headline news just a few short weeks ago
 now down the memory hole.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available