Discussion: Ash Carter On Runaway Blimp: This Happened All The Time In Afghaistan

Discussion for article #242262

Dude, where’s my blimp?

3 Likes

About 20 hours ago, Raytheon posted a job opening for a blimp watcher.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/95069240?trk=vsrp_jobs_cluster_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A168653501446058347732%2CVSRPtargetId%3A95069240%2CVSRPcmpt%3Ajobs_cluster

3 Likes

Blimps gotta blimp.

1 Like

Don’t shoot it! It’s just seeking its own kind, to mate and make little birthday balloons.

6 Likes

Is CNN breathlessly covering the “Runaway Blimp”?

Is Wolf Blitzer stationed in the Situation Room?

That would be completely adorable!

2 Likes

Somebody really needs to slap a sticker that reads “Runaway Blimp” on Chris Christie’s back tonight without him knowing.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Some Twitter wag said he didn’t think a mere missing blimp was all that interesting—get back to him, he said, if it starts dragging a piece of pizza through the subway.

2 Likes

A suspect who’s believed to have detached the “Runaway Blimp” has been apprehended:

Oh for fucks sake. The blimp doesn’t cost $2.7 billion.

The JLENS blimp cost about $182 million and most of that is the cost of the advanced early warning electronic systems it carries onboard.

If I wanted stupid and inaccurate information I would be reading Red State, Politico, or some other hack website.

What next, ballon boy is aboard?

Step up your game TPM.

4 Likes

Another victim of an underfunded military. For just $20-30 million more, they could’ve attached a second tether.

5 Likes

Shhhh! You’re going to eff up the sweet deal I have selling the Air Force Phillips-Head screwdrivers for $4,200 each. Hey, they work at altitudes of up to 70,000 feet!

1 Like

OMG, time for a congressional special committee, investigations, hearings, hundreds of hours of depositions and impeachment of Mr. Carter!!!

1 Like

It’s very suspicious all of Hillary Clinton’s e-mails to the blimp can’t be found.

1 Like

Tether? You mean rope?

Tether? As in singular, not plural?

Who ya gonna call?

So why exactly does the US military need this thing above Pennsylvania?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available