Discussion: Video Shows Wilson Didn't Brag About Funding FBI Building, As Kelly Claimed

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. You’re still walking, you’re still talking, but Trump has sucked your soul dry. You’re a husk, a pod. You’ve given up the only thing that really counts: your integrity. Now you’re making outrageous, easily-disproved lies just like your master.

8 Likes

That is my guess as well. Some white supremacist staffer got caught in a lie and the General’s reputation is in tatters. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of creeps. Don’t blame the staffer though. This one falls right on Kelly.

4 Likes

I think Kelly said he was present, I somehow doubt, he would have such vivid memories of the occasion, though.

I think the WH operation is in tatters, they don’t know how to run things.

5 Likes

So Kelly clearly is lying repeatedly about Congresswoman Wilson.

Kelly should resign and preserve whatever honor he has left.

7 Likes

Trump: Kelly, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it.

5 Likes

I think we need to slow down on the conclusion jumping before we get more information. A big discussion at Daily Kos points out that even when the Chadian forces were in Niger they were fighting Boco Harem a long ways from where this ambush by suspected ISIS forces happened. There may be a direct relationship between Chad pulling out it’s strac troops and the ambush as Maddow insinuates but there is much more to this story that we simply do not know enough about at this point. More will be revealed. How the Sgt. was left behind for two days is the part of the story that I find most compelling at this point.

3 Likes

If he attended the dedication, and I’m not sure why he’d be there, I’m sure it was just as boring and uneventful as the video shows it was.

6 Likes

Yes, that’s what he said – he said he went to the dedication of the new Miami FBI field office, and he very vividly described how it went and very vividly described how he was STUNNED.

I would say, too vividly.

9 Likes

Kelly: “I mean, who are you going to believe… me?.. Or the colored woman with the videotape showing that I lied? Me, right?”

7 Likes

He succeeded General Douglas M. Fraser as commander of U.S. Southern Command on November 19, 2012.

In this capacity, I guess… He is the guy who knows, how to build the wall !

@geofu54 Agree, that seemed not authentic in the telling, and the facts were wrong too…

2 Likes

My prediction is that Kelly will either say that I didn’t say it was Rep. Wilson, but an unnamed Rep (probably Rep. Wasserman-Schultz) or that he mixed up which Congresswoman said what. He will not apologize either way because he is 100% on the Trump Train.

Intentionally leaving it out there that is was Rep Wilson who was inappropriate is despicable. This was only two years ago and it apparently stunned him to the core of his being, so if he tries to claim he made an honest mistake, I would call BS. As Josh pointed out, even if DWS took credit for the funding, that is totally appropriate in that setting and Lordy I hope there are tapes of that as well.

Kelly probably got his ass chewed out by the DOTARD for 1) not talking him out of making the calls and 2) giving him bad words to say. Kelly probably doesn’t like to get chewed out by Giant Talking Yams and lashed out at Rep Wilson.

That said, Kelly, in his rage at Trump for getting chewed out, threw a fair amount of shade on the DOTARD. Perhaps he was referring to Trump with the “women used to be sacred” and “Gold Star families used to be sacred but that ended at the convention.” Kelly, in essence, said that I tried to talk Trump out of making the calls and the idiot didn’t listen (Trump missed this because all he heard was that Kelly called him “Brave” for making the calls.)

2 Likes

Dis-gust-ing. Not only did Kelly lie to protect the man who exploited his own son’s death, but he then lied to hurt a woman of color’s reputation. Statements Kelly made as head of DHS made me think he wasn’t a well-intending person, but we all sort of forgot about that when he seemed to be reigning in Trump. No longer. In fact, he has enable the monster. That he was willing to use his own son’s memory of Trump’s manic destructive narcissism shows utter moral bankruptcy.

4 Likes

So much for the Few, the Proud, the Marines.

I hang my head in shame

2 Likes

Conduct. Unbecoming. And to think he draws a pension.

4 Likes

“Kelly should resign and preserve whatever honor he has left.”

That train left the station a long time ago.

This is the Patty Hearst Syndrome, folks, and he’s Patty

3 Likes

Look at our justamarine and tell me there’s a reason to be proud.

And every drunk loudmouth out there seems to be a former Marine. So, you know, not that few.

4 Likes

You are conflating truthtelling with anger and insults. Telling the truth about Iraq was very important. Of itself, it did great good and no harm. Pointing out that Kelly lied is not in itself attacking or blasting.

3 Likes

I would hope that someone who stood and signed his name in the books for the military, with honor and integrity, would come out and apologize to this congresswomen for mis-remembering her speech, and characterizing it as something that it wasn’t!

She even says in the speech, that the congressmen and women that helped her were to be recognized, as they helped to secure the funding, and that Speaker of the House (GOP) Boehner helped her out, the committee helped her out and the POTUS helped her out. Not really sure how you came away from this speech thinking she was self-gratifying herself, she was clearly happy for the community to get the FBI building (the FBI does so much to protect each and every American citizen, again something she said in the speech), and happy that they could name the building at this ceremony in honor of the fallen.

Chief of Staff Kelly is just wrong here, and more importantly he has egg on his face, because he was kind of emotional about his wrong facts. I sincerely hope he apologizes, whether in private or not I do not care. I don’t expect him to as this administration is raising the bar for a lack of credibility on a number of fronts.

2 Likes

“liked” for your parenthetical note of caution.

2 Likes

And this is the point I was trying to make. My belief is that what we’re dealing with here is a thing far worse, far more dangerous than mere fraudulent misrepresentations. What we’re dealing with is the old white conservative male distortion field, the Fox News Reality Distortion Filter that sees the entire world through the lens of those who are good and true and those who are impure and tainted and corrupt. And, frighteningly, while I’m sure it is possible for a black person to cross over into the realm of the sanctified through military service in his view, I think that, or something similar, is the only way it happens. He would deny it, swear it isn’t true. But it is.

And so, assume that view and then recognize that he’s working for Trump. And one begins to suspect that he’s not actually working for Trump. That he stepped into the middle of this not to run interference for his boss, but because he is, in fact, the boss. I’m still processing the implications. And not liking a single one of them.

And even now, the bullshit spinner is still spinning. Glower McFrowny face is even now doing her “how dare you besmirsh the Sacred Honor of Heroic General Kelly with your tawdry ‘fact’ things! What he heard is the real truth of the matter! Because he is one of the sanctified few and his view transcends your so-called reality.”

They’re not even pretending not to be fascist now.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available