Discussion: Video Shows Wilson Didn't Brag About Funding FBI Building, As Kelly Claimed

This was just a disgusting, vile, racist, sexist attack by Kelly. Everything he said was code for something much worse.
“Religion was sacred” = “Christianity was sacred”. Trump has insulted Islam and other religions more than anyone.
“Women were sacred” = “Women were submissive”. Trump has clearly been abusive to women, not to mention the military’s poor record in this area.
“Gold Star families were sacred” = “We only care about white gold star families”. Trump went after the Khans.
“Empty barrel” = “Angry, lazy black woman who wants credit without doing any work”.
It is shameful, and he should resign. Even if the story about Wilson claiming credit were true, it is completely irrelevant to this story, and representatives claim credit for stuff like funding all the time. It’s also more than a little ironic that he would viciously lash out at her for trying to use FBI agents’ death to claim credit for funding, when he himself is using his own son’s death as cover to both defend Trump and go after another person.

9 Likes

:confounded:Just because he’s a former officer, don’t expect him to be a gentleman. Could have ended this quick by simply admitting Trump spoke ineloquently.

3 Likes

"As Gen. Kelly pointed out, if you’re able to make a sacred act like honoring American heroes about yourself, you’re an empty barrel,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement.
That’s rich, coming from Trump’s mouthpiece.

6 Likes

For all the bloviating Kelly did at that podium yesterday, as a retired General, it would have made more fucking sense instead, if he had come out and explained what exactly happened in Niger that resulted in these four soldiers being killed.

I’ll say it again, for someone that wanted to be in the background when he took that new position, and just coordinate the flow of information to tRump while shutting down the leaks inside the WH, he’s really gone out of his way, twice now, to give credence to the rumors that he’s not able to do anymore than the last asshole that held that position.

He doesn’t command respect as had been sold to the public by the media, either. Not when he’s found lying as easily as everyone else that toadies to this giant Orange Freakasaurus. All Kelly needs to do at this point is get himself a string of pearls and a two-toned shift dress, and he’s really no different than that ill-tempered, bald-faced lying nitwit they already got for the job.

9 Likes

I believe the meme I saw was something like Washington couldn’t tell a lie, NIxon couldn’t tell the truth and Trump can’t tell the difference, which I feel like is a play on a quote from the Reagan years, but I was just in grade school back then.

5 Likes

My son and I saw that last night in our living room 35 miles from Boston. It was an excellent presentation and right on the money. The good old days were only good for white males. For women and POC the good old days sucked.

6 Likes

… and white men were “sacred, looked upon with great honor. That’s obviously not the case anymore as we see from recent cases”

3 Likes

Everything the Yam touches turns to shit. Some of it was halfway there already.

5 Likes

Not just in the South either. I said in another thread that I’ve noticed in Chicago, loud black ladies in hats are a kind of Rorschach test and certain people just hear whatever they want to hear whenever one talks. Like you say, the ladies who adopt that persona do so because they don’t want to be invisible. The sad part is that is that when one forces an old racist to acknowledge her existence, she has to go from invisible to having a bulls-eye painted on her.

I’ve seen Kelly’s type of behavior many many times in real life. He thinks everything we civilians enjoy flows from him alone. He doesn’t mind if some undeserving people (career women, Democrats, minorities) benefit from his wonderfulness. That’s just the price of protecting the important people, the ones he cares about. But, gosh darn it, you’d think they’d show a little gratitude!

3 Likes

4 brave servicemen died, and probably for no good reason. We need to be as ferocious about this as the GOP was about Benghazi. Don’t let Trump’s goons distract us from the real story.

10 Likes

When you work for and justify a man of filth, you will get dirty.

3 Likes

Precisely !

Kelly is damaged goods now, and by a pretty stupid ‘Own Goal’ (as soccer players say).

Less than two weeks before he’s out…

2 Likes

I have been saying that for several days. Just why were those soldiers in a lightly armed convoy on a dark road in Niger the night they were ambushed.

3 Likes

I don’t think so…I think this was a demonstration of his loyalty to tRump, even if he had to knowingly lie and lower himself in the eyes of the public. Like tRump, Kelly has proven he only cares about tRump’s base. He was one of them when he agreed to come into this administration and join the Executive branch. I don’t recall when he became a supporter during the campaign, but I’m sure it was at some point communicated early enough, because he was one of tRump’s earliest picks to lead a Federal agency via confirmation.

5 Likes

How has Rep Wilson gotten the wild idea that something like video proof will work on this White House’s lies? When is the last time any Republican was swayed by evidence?

6 Likes

Have you noticed the Josh Factor has been diluted quite significantly since? He may be a little late for the party but I’m glad it happened within a reasonable timeframe.

1 Like

And he didn’t even get the name of the building correct.

2 Likes

What I find odd about all this is that he even knew about the speech, the dedication, etc. Why would he even know about any of it? I’ll tell you why. Because as soon as this thing happened, as soon as she spoke out, the WH went into overdrive looking for dirt on her. They couldn’t find anything, so they just made something up about a speech she gave. How sick and twisted is that?

16 Likes

Kelly - Finally drinking that KoolAid.

3 Likes

You may be right, but I sincerely hope an American General has more self-respect that that. Time will tell…

EDIT: The problem is that the WH CoS should be the calm moderator between the President and the World.
He is not supposed to sink into a very public argument with an outsider (and I won’t even mention his very clumsy lying).

He is damaged beyond repair…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available