Discussion: Video Shows Wilson Didn't Brag About Funding FBI Building, As Kelly Claimed

And the difference is?

2 Likes

If there’s one thing we will NEVER hear from this White House or any administration official it’s an apology.

Bannon 101: Attack, attack, attack!

5 Likes

So we now have two adults with well established experience regarding the respect accorded the enormous personal sacrifice some make on behalf of the Republic. But one of these adults is willing to lie about the other in defense of the Orange Pustule Hitler. Sad…

4 Likes

I’m going to have to defend Wilson’s hat thing. First, she is not wearing a ladies’ church hat. Her hats all seem to be a variation of a cowboy hat, with trimmings. I’m guessing there is a story and maybe even a cause associated with those hats.

But as for wearing noticeable hats, I get it. In many parts of the south, black women are in many way invisible. Even some of the jobs they have require being in the background (maids, cooks, service positions).

Also being invisible is safe and there are many unsafe places for black women in the south (like riding in a limo with a friend).

So, to me Wilson does not have an unfortunate affinity for big church hats at all. She has decided not to be invisible and that takes courage. So, my hat’s off to her and more power to her.

22 Likes

A liar knows what the truth is, a bullshitter doesn’t care one way or another, they just spurt stuff out without bothering to think or confirm.

6 Likes

Wow, and Kelly can’t really avoid replying to that comment, can he ?

2 Likes

I heard somewhere -sorry no link, attribution- that her hat habit has something to do with honoring her grand ma.

9 Likes

I think the examples of Michael Flynn and John Kelly are proof that just becasue you got stars doesn’t mean you earned them. As an Army veteran and the son and son-in-law of two career military guys, I can tell you there are a lot of assholes in uniform. There are also lots of good guys, but they would never work for lardass.

13 Likes

receipts. WH never ever has them

5 Likes

Trump always takes the low road:

Kelly, being a dutiful boot licker, follows his commanders example and lies about the Congresswoman and called her “an empty barrel”

We have an administration that knows something about barrels… the bottom of barrels to be precise.
In my humble opinion it’s time to kick these people out of the West Wing and bleach the place thoroughly. Kick them out by whatever legal means are available. For the good of the country. We need, desperately, to get back to civil behavior. To where we have a majority party and a loyal opposition that are willing to talk to each other like adults and work through differences to arrive at consensus. But the first step in healing MUST be removal of the cause of divisiveness. donald j trump and his minions. They are a CANCER in the fabric of our country. That cancer needs to be cut out, When that is accomplished we can get about the rest of the healing. As cancer survivor I know somewhat of where I speak.

14 Likes

sniffit, did you watch Lawrence last night? OMG, his takeaway on this left me breathless.

4 Likes

Agreed – sure she could have kept it shorter and just thanked the Speaker, ranking members and the President for fast-tracking the bill rather than going step-by-step through the process… but then again Kelly could have skipped the part about packing bodies in ice (twice) as well.

3 Likes

Its how someone who is a proving to be raving racist would see and hear her and misremember and mischaracterize what she said. He also smeared Obama in this implying that he gave a fellow African American 20 million as patronage. This man worked for Obama – and I can only imagine that he spent his years under him resenting it. He showed yesterday he is not a moderating force in the white house – he is an enabler who is there because he shares trump’s world view. These old racist sexist white men want their country back.

14 Likes

So with that definition is Trump a liar, a bullshitter, or just a complete fucking lunatic?

3 Likes

Guess who else knew what he was getting himself into. GUESS.

Christopher Stevens.

GO FUCK YOURSELVES, METHBILLY NATION.

6 Likes

succinct short story

General John Kelly is a morally corrupt manipulative LIAR

and like Trump he will remain stiff-legged & refuse to apologize for his obvious documented LIE

He has NO remorse for his dishonesty - only anger at those who present facts demonstrating the truth.

9 Likes

The man was picked by tRump because there is something they both share that he was more than willing to accept in being part of this administration. Both are cruel bullies, imo, both attack vulnerable people, both have no compassion for Muslims and Hispanics, and both have no problem with torture…like when Kelly was in charge at GITMO.

10 Likes

When you’re one of them, the last person you apologize to is a woman, particularly a black one.

11 Likes

So, G.I. Joke lied? Shocked … stunned, really.

3 Likes

For all the people who act like we should go on attack and blast Kelly as a liar: How well did that work when we did that with Bush and Cheney? Did America rise up against the Iraq War because we said they were liars, or did they think we were the jerks until years later when it became obvious what a mess Iraq was?

And how well did that work when Republicans did that against Obama and Clinton? Did America rise up against them because Republicans used the L word? Or did it only make them more popular the more they were attacked? As a reminder, Clinton’s highest approval ratings were during his impeachment.

Believe it or not, angry attacks only make your side feel better while turning off everyone else. Most folks don’t pay attention to politics partly because they hate the attacks; and they don’t care whether or not they’re true. Mockery and decency work far better than insults. I’m sure Trump wouldn’t like anything more than for us to blast Kelly as a liar, since it takes the heat off of him and makes us look angry.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available