Discussion: Trump Spokeswoman Offers A New Explanation For '2nd Amendment' Line

The main thing I’m saying is exaggeration, or perhaps misinterpretation is better, is that the “horrible day” is in reference to assassinating Hillary. All the quotes we’ve gotten have neglected to finish the sentence, which took it out of context.

1 Like

Point is, what he said was wrong and reprehensible, particularly from a presidential candidate, but don’t over characterize the remark as a call for violence.

The fact that the “Second Amendment people” line was an ad lib does nothing to minimize its recklessness. Indeed, that’s when Trump is most careless, and most dangerous, with these idiotic asides, for they reveal the true nature of the man, far more, certainly, than the scripted, GOP-approved patter.

4 Likes

Even freakin’ Wolf Blitzer got this one right-- and grilled Rep Duncan Hunter.
Backed him into a corner, and followed-up!

jw1

6 Likes

I totally agree.

Please offer a new explanation tomorrow too. Let’s keep talking about Trump insinuating that Clinton should be assassinated if she wins. Nothing could be more helpful to Trump’s campaign, I promise.

1 Like

Then why didn’t he say that?

Woah…“nailed…to the wall”…and we’re talking about a guy who might as well be the bluntest nail in the box haha

3 Likes

if you read it, it looks connected.

If you watch it, “horrible day” goes with “second amendment people”, while “If if HIllary gets to put her judges” goes with “right now we’re tied”

I’m not convinced you’re right. Either way…you don’t say this shit, period.

1 Like

Hillary needs to stay away from 5th Avenue.

2 Likes

Third time’s a charm.

Too bad we won’t be able to hear Pence’s excuses following Trump’s accidental release of Armageddon…

Breaking News: Trump has declared that he won’t debate unless the first debate takes place on 5th Avenue and the podiums are spaced at 20 paces.

edit - added podiums for visual

2 Likes

I have repeatedly seen Trump’s surrogates get hammered on this by CNN’s hosts. The problem is the whole design of “news” nowadays where they always trot out surrogates for both sides, knowing that one of the surrogates will sit there and spew lies, distract, change the subject, etc. no matter how hard they are pressed on the issue. Every single topic is a debate which transforms topics from issues of fact into issues of opinion. I mean just look how often Katrina Pierson is trotted out, despite her long history of lies, distortion, obfuscation, etc. Trying to push her harder isn’t the answer because she will never admit to facts and truth that are damaging to Trump. The only way to deal with it is for the networks to stop putting people like her on the air to discuss facts as if they were opinion.

1 Like

I don’t believe her because she isn’t wearing her Necklace of Truth™

http://a3.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/ph5wtk1q8uhbknw6g4eo.jpg

3 Likes

And, most importantly, opinion as if fact.

2 Likes

Given the level of Pierson’s mendacity, it’s a minor miracle that spontaneous combustion hasn’t burned her to a cinder.

And someone should tell the circular firing squad that’s running what we can only laughingly call the “Trump campaign” that if they’re explaining, they’re losing.

2 Likes

And vice presidential candidate Mike Pence said that Trump was “urging people around the country to act consistently with their convictions in the course of this election.” Especially any conservative serial killers who may be listening.

4 Likes

I remember when the thing that horrified me about GOP spinmeisters was how plausible they were, how good they made the spin sound. You had to remind yourself to remember why it was b.s. These clowns, they’re just hopeless. Worst. Campaign. Ever.

1 Like

What is worse, is that Trump clearly indicated that by either not electing Hillary OR not approving HER SCOTUS appointments, they could avoid a repeal of the 2nd A. What seems to be lost on Donald, all of his campaign lackeys and most of the press, is that NEITHER POTUS NOR SCOTUS play a role in repeal of an amendment. So, Trump saying that Hillary wants to repeal clearly shows a lack of understanding for the operation of our government… smh

2 Likes

At first I thought his Horrible Day comment was because he realized he’d screwed up, and tried to recover by saying the assassination would be horrible, so he’d seem less callous.

After reviewing it all, I see how it can be taken the other way, and I’ve concluded that I just don’t know. What I do feel sure about is that he was making an off-the-cuff remark/joke about an assassination.

At the very least, this should be the final straw for anyone wondering whether he’s qualified to be president. This is an American Tragedy.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available