Discussion: Trump Spokeswoman Offers A New Explanation For '2nd Amendment' Line

It’s a sheriff’s star.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that the Trump Campaign is amazingly consistent about taking 24-48 hours to come up with a bullshit story that actually covers the facts of the scandal of the moment.

2 Likes

Chickenshit in the form of a required money making horse race

1 Like

The Trump Campaign and its lackeys need to get their bullshit straight before they unload it on the public.

5 Likes

I’ll give you the “horrible day” “mis-read,” however the 2nd Amendment People “aside” is not something that should be joked about. As usual, Trump has no filter and I think it is indeed a fair reading to "hear’ him say, well, if she’s elected and gets to choose her judges, unless she’s assassinated, y’all are stuck with her choices. Is he asking someone to do it? Probably not. But I believe his position is the same as when he said he’s pay the legal fees of anyone at his rally that would assault a protestor.

The later comments about the NRA, which apparently led to today’s version of “This is what he really meant” is only relevant viz. HIS choices for Supreme Court Justices, as that was the context. He was NOT trying to say that the NRA could stop confirmation of her picks, although that may in fact be true.

I disagree with you that people are exaggerating what he said. He spoke his mind; accept him at his word.

TRUMP 2016: Bullets, Not Ballots

2 Likes

Later he gets to Justices on his list of vetted picks. Just sayin…

The interesting piece missing from this one? No Manafort. Usually they trot him out to dismiss everything, only to have Trump take him out at the knees 24 hours later.

Makes me wonder if he refused to provide spin this time, or if someone else decided to spare him the humiliation on this one.

Indeed, the ONLY thing from Manafort was a tweet of a link to Jason Miller’s statement. Nothing else.

9 Likes

Having listened to Trump’s remark a few times now, I could understand this as his Trump-speak attempt at saying something like “the Norman Lear people” or the “ACLU people” regarding a right-leaning Supreme Court nominee. Regardless, this in no way excuses the recklessness of his using such “loaded” phrasing.

Ummmm…so you aren’t talking about killing HRC, just crippling the government for having the nerve to elect her instead of anointing Trump? Gotcha.

2 Likes

Hitler: “Final Solution”

Trump: “2nd Amendment Solution”

4 Likes

Wow…

2 Likes

Totally get it. It’s lousy when people misunderstand you.

Like when Black Lives Matter jokes about killing cops. We know they’re just talking about the political force of the black community to rally the NAACP to lobby local legislators. (The NAACP terrifies Republicans. Look what they did to ACORN!)

So I totally understand. It’s about unifying patriotic, Constitution-loving African-Americans around the humor of militant armed blacks needing to mow down entire squads of police who are threatening the very existence of the country.

Really, when will the media catch up?

DISCLOSURE: This is one, big snicker. BLM is dedicated to non-violence. Can’t say the same for the Republican Party, though.

3 Likes

My take is that anyone with humanity as a priority and morality as a guide is too gobsmacked by the sheer force of the immorality, ignorance and bad faith of Trump and his supporters. It’s taking a while to process it and determine where we’re going as a society because of it.

And yes, MSM, what about the Trump comment about what a horrible day it would be if Hillary is assassinated? Context motherfuckers, context.

4 Likes

Taken in the larger context, didn’t Trump say he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and it would NOT affect is popularity???

1 Like

I think he also offered to pay legal expenses.

Well observed! He was really hoping for the economic speech to get things back on track, too, after last week.

He’s probably busy trying to get his name replaced with Alan Smithee. Can you imagine some Central Asian despot wanting to hire him as a consultant after this?

I hope Pence has the decency to resign.

1 Like

Okay. I actually had your impression from the text and changed it when I saw the video.

Can’t un-say it, and can’t lie your way out of it. No walking back this disqualifying statement. Your move GOP.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available