Discussion: Trump Spokeswoman Offers A New Explanation For '2nd Amendment' Line

1 Like

No, no, no. It was a JOKE. Or is the spin cycle still spitting out excuses?

12 Likes

ā€œWould you believeā€¦ā€

(for you young 'uns, that was Maxwell Smartā€™s opening line before trying out a fabricated excuse on his boss)

36 Likes

OK.

OK.

See, this election, itā€™s like if Catch-22 and Dr. Strangelove got married and had a female child who got pregnant with Satanā€™s child like in Rosemaryā€™s Baby, that goddamn child would be this election. And its godmother would be this crazy-ass beotch who comes on TV spouting the most laughably implausible defenses for the indefensible that you could imagine would never be able to imagine in eleventy million years. How they let her on in the first place or keep from laughing in her face the whole time sheā€™s talking is confounding to me. Man, but this is going to be a long, long, long 90 days.

38 Likes

Nice try by a convicted shop lifter to justify the unjustifiable.

8 Likes

I wish more reporters would follow up on the ā€œhorrible dayā€ remark immediately afterwards.
Because it proves the spokesliars are lying.

28 Likes

What makes it not believable is that I donā€™t believe that Trump is aware that the Senate must confirm the POTUSā€™s SCOTUS nominees. If you asked him about the Advice and Consent Clause heā€™d probably tell you it has something to do with parents signing permissions slips for grade school field tripsā€¦or maybe heā€™d trigger off the word consent and talk about rape. Who knowsā€¦the dementia is strong with that oneā€¦

24 Likes

Shorter Pierson: ā€œHe was saying there is absolutely nothing anyone can doā€¦ followed immediately by listing something people can doā€¦ something so routine it happens with every judicial nominee. Why would anyone be confused by that? Also, donā€™t pay attention to the fact it took us a day to come up with this rationaleā€

[facepalm]

27 Likes

what makes it not believable is Trump following up his comment by saying, ā€œthat would be a horrible dayā€ā€¦

It would be a horrible day if 2nd Amendment absolutists succeeded in denying Pres. Clinton her SC nominees? No, that would be a great day for them.

By ā€œhorrible dayā€, he obviously meant ā€œsorry not sorry that our president got shot by 2nd Amendment peopleā€.

28 Likes

Iā€™m gonna miss her when all this is over. Sheā€™s a Special kind of stupid.

22 Likes

"2nd Amendment people have amazing spirit and are tremendously unified, "

No ā€œresponsible gun ownerā€ would consider insinuations of assassinating a POTUS to be even remotely acceptable. Period.

And itā€™s a fucking joke that these ā€œjournalistsā€ donā€™t consider it an interview point to bring that up and have her or other Trump apologists address it.

9 Likes

Well, one of Trumpā€™s mottos is ā€œAlways keep them guessing.ā€ Iā€™m not sure any two defenders have come up with the same interpretation yet. :smile_cat:

5 Likes

See this could have been belieavble if not for their rapid response statement that said something completely different.

8 Likes

Trump never mentioned the NRA.

12 Likes

She is contradicting Trump himself, who said there is only one interpretation.
Time to fire her and put her on CNN payroll
ā€¦ oh wait.

8 Likes

It might just be me, but it feels like the reality-based media is a little too soft today and are letting Trumpā€™s surrogates turn their sewage blasters on us without any real confrontation over their practiced skewing of the quote. Havenā€™t heard from Josh on the blog yet, and itā€™s nearly noon CDT. I really wanted to get a thoughtful look at this from him, and on top of that, Slateā€™s splash page was almost devoid of Trump when I woke up. Whatā€™s going on?

9 Likes

no, no, try once more, please

1 Like

The last thing you want in a spox downplaying a call for assassination is an ammosexual robot.

12 Likes

Any explanation that describes Trumpā€™s Second Amendment remarks as anything but a call for assassination is pure spin and sophistry, and should be reported as such.

3 Likes

The never ending spin is making me dizzy

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available