Discussion: Trump Spokeswoman Offers A New Explanation For '2nd Amendment' Line

No. Try again please.

3 Likes

Trump Spokeswoman Offers A New Explanation For ā€˜2nd Amendmentā€™ Line

Wednesday, already?.
That Trump. He does make the excuses run right on time.

jw1

3 Likes

So a blatant admission that the NRA has bought its way into the Senate and House that apparently will not end during a Trump administration, but be welcomed with open arms.

Interesting.

Not buying this version of the truth, by the way.

4 Likes

"Pierson then brought up the power of the NRA in the Senate, noting that ā€œthere are even Democrats who wonā€™t touch gun legislation in an election year because the NRA has been able to take out Democrats as well and even been able to block appointments to high-ranking positions.ā€
Take out a poor choice of words or just expanding the Trump hit list?

4 Likes

Well, the parsing is starting to become fairly routine. And I only say this because, viz. Trump, Fuckface von Clownstick has always worked for me.

3 Likes

And then following that up with how sad a day it would be if someone did the something people could do.

Judge from the video, not the text.

1 Like

It must be nice to live in a world where every time your candidate speaks you get 24-48 hours to decide what he meantā€¦

3 Likes

Wowl She totally stole this from The New York Magazine Blog!!

Eric Levitz (posting yesterday) ripping the laziness of Trumpā€™s explanation:

At the very least, his campaign could have offered a superficially plausible misrepresentation of his remarks. For example, Team Trump could have said that the mogul was referring to the NRAā€™s capacity for drumming up opposition to Clintonā€™s Supreme Court picks in the Senate. But they refused to put that much effort into their lie.

9 Likes

The basis of my comment was the video. Donā€™t assumeā€”it makes anā€¦ you know the rest.
He paused in the middle for no reason. Itā€™s not dispositive, but makes one think.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Wellā€¦she does have that really cool necklace made out of shotguns shells or bullets.

1 Like

Well I hear that the third times the charm so perhaps the charming and talented MS Pierson will find something that makes sense on her next attempt at spinning this

1 Like

Iā€™ve sent Katrina Ammosexual and new necklace. Instead of high-caliber munitions, however, this one boasts a very smart array of little shovels.

3 Likes

ā€œWhen I say a thing,ā€ Dumpty Trumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, ā€œit means just what I choose it to meanā€”neither more nor less.ā€

8 Likes

Ahhā€¦ the kitchen sink approach. Throw every conceivable rationale out there and hope one of them resonates with a voter. What The Donald says wonā€™t change his crazyass hardcore constituents and latest polls show that heā€™s losing independents and women in droves. Itā€™s all downhill from here. The debates will seal the deal for Clinton.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure I heard, ā€œCan no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?!ā€

11 Likes

Spin, spin, spin all they want it is still dictator lite The Dumpster advocating for his followers to murder his opponents.

2 Likes

Nice she just threw the NRA under the bus by recognizing how their influence corrupts the GOP majorities in the senate. house and GOP nomineeā€¦

Noice one

6 Likes

Well, this is her second excuse. Last night she was spinning it, horribly, as Trump was saying assassinations could happen, not that they should happen.

They yanked the chain on her pretty hard for that one, so today its all about the political power of the NRA. Which, if you take the ā€œjust jokingā€ defense at face valueā€¦Trump was ridiculing the notion that the NRA has political power.

As I commented yesterday, if one can put aside the actual content of his statement for a moment, the spin handling of this has been pathetic. They are all over the place, tossing up at least a half dozen excuses, none of which tie into the otherā€¦indeed, like this one and the ā€œjokeā€ excuse, they completely contradict each other.

Thatā€™s a shocking level of incompetence. They are making Wā€™s administration look like the A-team right now. And its all the worse becauseā€¦Trump gives them PLENTY of practice putting out the fires he starts.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available