Discussion: Trump Rejects Criticism He Waited Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists

But he also said during the presser that he hadn’t talked to her (the mom).

2 Likes

One of the Texas districts voided was that of pajama boy Blake Farenthold.

12 Likes

I wanna see what he says in 5 days

4 Likes

Been watching Kudlow since he came back from Rehab(to Scandia Insurance Co.)
Never seen him say a GOPer went too far.
Caruso-Batista(sic) will be defending Trump. I won’t watch Kernen tomorrow either.

We KNOW what he is. Yesterday, he was reading words written by his political advisors. On Saturday and today, he was speaking his mind and his stone-cold heart. He IS a white supremacist. Again, THERE WERE NO GOOD REASONS TO VOTE FOR TRUMP. WE KNEW THIS IN NOVEMBER. More shame on those who voted for him.

5 Likes

YES!!! That’s so awesome!

5 Likes

That’s just duckie.

9 Likes

Yay, feds!

4 Likes

Austin will go back to having Lloyd Doggett representing the whole city. Gave Texas AG until September to decided whether a special session will be called to redraw - otherwise the court will draw new lines.

10 Likes

Ain’t gonna get better for Trump. The more criticism and loss of support he sees, the worse he will get.

We just better hope we don’t have another tragic event any time soon. He can’t handle it.

6 Likes

Or possibly, too forgiving (in my view). We don’t know. But kinda reminds me of the “I’ll forgive you” those African American ladies said to Roof after the Emanuel AME terrorism… that was just incredible and amazing given the horror and hatred they’d gone through.

I can never be that way…

7 Likes

Saw what you did there.

3 Likes

O my god - that’s too much almost

3 Likes

So he’s going to be using that rear hatch in those jammies, eh?

4 Likes

I’d forgotten about this, good memory.

9 Likes

NBC is saying WH officials are stunned trump “went rogue”
Stunned? trump?
Why wouldn’t he?

5 Likes

Was thinking about those women last night. I asked myself if I could have done that. I don’t know.

4 Likes

Gonna need something a lot stronger than wine.

1 Like

I vacillate almost moment-to-moment between your outlook and the more hopeful @tena/@pluckyinky/@daveyjones64 view. I think the hope’s essential, but so’s the fight – which I think they agree with.

The smartest thing I heard recently (from Deray McKesson, quoting I forget who) is that the arc of the moral universe bends toward justice because people bend it, not just out of the beneficence of the universe. But if we don’t have hope that it can bend, we’re doomed. And every once in a while there’s a moment in which the optimists are vindicated (cf. McCain, ACA repeal vote).

Of course, a lot of work led up to that moment, as is usually the case. And things can move so slowly, until suddenly they pick up speed and there’s real movement (forward, or backward, as we’ve seen). His numbers were already softening gradually, and seemed to be approaching the danger zone yesterday, even among Republicans. Tipping point? Maybe – if we don’t let up. And if we keep hope alive.

(Too weaselly?)

15 Likes

I would hope that Kelly, a retired Marine General with a strong knowledge of military history, is concerned about more than just the political effects of this messaging.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available