Discussion: Trump Rejects Criticism He Waited Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists

I love your comment and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

5 Likes

Check out this story from this link that @krux shared with me:

8 Likes

No - I don’t think so anyway. None of us knows for sure what comes next but I think we can be pretty certain that what we’re seeing is a president losing it because he’s under a lot of pressure and we put a lot of it on him.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

That Swastika Stew meme on Twitter should be giving them pause.

ETA: it is “too long” should have been gone by now

7 Likes

I’ll take that as sincere… :smile:

3 Likes

This is an interesting tweet. And I am not sure if its aimed more at Trump or Kelly :wink:

No place for racial hatred or extremism in @USMC. Our core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment frame the way Marines live and act.

— Robert B. Neller (@GenRobertNeller) August 15, 2017

That’s the Commander of the USMC.

15 Likes

If we’re talking about a tipping point for HIM, then sure. I agree one will exist. He will at some point reach crisis, but that’s never a smooth or straight descent and always more of an up-and-down ride. All fucking hell will break loose when “psychological crisis” arrives and, if he’s still in the WH, that could be a “tipping point” in the sense of an uh-oh moment when everyone just realizes he has to go, in which case the 25th would be invoked. THAT, I will admit I can see possibly happening as a sort of abrupt tipping point moment…especially if his initial breakdown is public…him reaching such an apex of maladaptive psychological dysfunction that it becomes obvious we’re dealing with a man too sick to perform the task before him (in which case, prepare yourself for the sympathetic pity-drivel-narrative that will accompany it, particularly from the right…his martyr’s canonization might even be in the offing).

So maybe you’re right…we were sort of referring to different things. When I was referring to “tipping point” before, I was talking about it in terms of there being one for the public/society in general, not one for him. That’s how I understood it as being used. There generally isn’t one. Ask Germany. Everyone keeps asking if this is it until they suddenly wake up one morning and realize National Tipping Point Day was yesterday and oh shit what now?

As for a realistic scenario in which he turns it around, it doesn’t have to be realistic. We live in reality, but not a realistic world. I can imagine him doing unthinkable things like somehow getting enough of a handle on things that he can follow the script and rein in it for a bit…in which case, the MSM will dutifully realign the narrative. That’s essentially going back to square one, because once that happens, the next episode isn’t the tipping point, just another moment we ask ourselves yet again if it’s the tipping point. It’s like that giant rubber band thing at the carnival. You strap yourself into the harness, run like hell and then it yanks you flying backwards. You never reach the end, but maybe you manage to place the marker a little further each time. Anyway, I wouldn’t underestimate his resilience either…he’s spent 70 years this mentally ill while managing to mostly function…and it has at times required him to process and deal with public scorn. While the past public scorn he dealt with pales with what he is likely to face as POTUS, I’d be surprised if he’s reached HIS tipping point yet.

Perhaps that’s one way to look at it though. His fight to hold his own tipping point in abeyance, which will no doubt involve seeking the adulation he requires from fewer and and more radicalized elements might cause the public’s tipping point to be reached? I dunno…keep in mind I prefaced all of this with “I’m feeling cynical today”. I could very well have a totally different perspective on it tomorrow after processing it more haha

3 Likes

Precisely. Because they are a consumer facing company, much more so than many of the others still on the list.

4 Likes

I agree that is what needs to happen. But it won’t.

2 Likes

I posted months ago it would take a perfect storm to get the GOP off their asses and impeach trump… I sure hope this is the beginning. trump’s version of Nixon’s “Saturday night massacre”. Yes I am old enough to remember that as an adult.

3 Likes

It being August and peak hurricane month it’s not out of bounds to call this Topical (sic) Storm Donald.

6 Likes

Admittedly, I do too. I did say I was felling cynical today, so I’m running with that, but more processing may lead to a different perspective…which, of course, is why I’m running with that and reading feedback.

If there’s one parallel with what I said and what you noted, I would say it’s my focus on the need for people to act. That fits with your reference to people needing to do the work of bending the universe towards justice, which imagery helps reconcile the views. Sometimes it’s hard to keep faith that people will in fact do the bending…sometimes less hard. Today it feels hard and there is plenty of precedent to support that view as well…BUT…as I also said: NO QUARTER.

4 Likes

Ohio GOPer.

13 Likes

Sorry, there was already a “Donald” this season… not much to talk about… kind of petered out…

3 Likes

Let’s hope there are future Presidents to test the assertion out.

5 Likes

No more of Paul Ryan’s " hypothetical" BS.

3 Likes

Even Tweety is calling 45 a liar.

3 Likes

I know, I am in S. Fla - but the opportunity was too good to pass up.

1 Like

He didn’t. A NBC reporter talked to her. They did a pretty emotional sit down with her. This was probably a follow up question they called and asked after he made his statement yesterday.

Its one of those shitty things journalism does. Neither her mother or father has even really started the long grieving process, yet the press is at their doors with cameras doing interviews.

What makes it even worse in this case, is instead of letting them focus on remembering their daughter and dealing with their grief…the press is essentially turning this into something about Trump. Which is of course, precisely what he wants.

7 Likes

Ironically, there was a Don and a Hilary at the same time :wink:

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available