Discussion: Trump Confirms He Called House Repeal Bill 'Mean,' Claims Obama Copied Him

Heh.

3 Likes

How can anyone take Trump seriously? ā€œMeanā€ is my word! You know, there is just no other way to express it: What a dick!

4 Likes

I have a four-letter word Iā€™m willing to apply to him exclusively. Iā€™ll send it to the White House at once for trademarking in China and lucrative licensing!

4 Likes

Well said

1 Like

He actually used my term, mean. That was my term.

Yeah, because he knows the best wordsā€¦

1 Like

Oh and this is not the first time the family of plagiarism accused Obama for ā€œplagiarizingā€ them. Remember Uday the Stupider One attacked Obama last year for ā€œtaking his phrase from his convention speechā€? (Yeah that was right after Melania copied Michelleā€™s speechā€¦). This thing apparently runs through that family.

3 Likes

The Orange One is as schizoid as the day is long.

Only someone as vacuous and incompetent as him, who went all-out to encourage passage of that bill, could be capable of celebrating what he would end up calling a mean bill. Like good little vermin, they scurried over to the WH to receive their kudos en masse only to be followed later by being thrown under the bus by the guy that encouraged them in the first placeā€¦Btw, the Senate bill is essentially the same fucking thing, only meaner.

4 Likes

The King of Mean.
The Queen of Mean was already taken.

1 Like

And youā€™d have a similar experience with 30-40% of households in the USA.

1 Like

I guess if I called the earth ā€œroundā€ Iā€™d also be copying Trump?

What an asshole!

2 Likes

How much money is Mitch McConnell and his wealthy buddies - in fact, even Don - going to make with their very generous tax cuts for themselves?

Is this more about the Republicans giving themselves more money? Because they certainly donā€™t give a damn about providing health coverage to anyone who isnā€™t as wealthy as they are?

Is this all about a tax cut for Mitch?

3 Likes

From the articleā€“

ā€œThe Associated Press reported earlier in June that Trump referred to the House-passed bill to repeal Obamacare as ā€œmeanā€ and asked Republican senators to draft a ā€œmore generousā€ proposal.ā€

What Trump said at the beer bash after the AHCA passed in the Houseā€“

ā€œWhat we have is something that is very, very, incredibly well-crafted.ā€

@sickneffintired: hereā€™s that soon-to-be-copyrighted phrase :grin:

Words fail me.

6 Likes

You must be young, or have a poor memory.
Bill Clinton whooped the Repubs over and over again, outflanking them at every turn.
Gingrich was no match for him.

8 Likes

Wouldnā€™t you say itā€™s the American people, wildly impressed by bullying, bluster, and bullshit who are ā€œgetting hosed by this guyā€?

Iā€™m certain President Obama, and Nancy Pelosi would happily hold up their legislative records to Trumpā€™sā€¦as soon as he has one.

10 Likes

Plagiarist! Iā€™ll see you in court, Obama.

1 Like

The GOP has wanted to cut social programs (like Medicaid) for a long time. And yes, rich Republicans want more money, too. The Senate version of the bill does both.
FYIā€“The Kochs and their group donā€™t think it goes far enough.

5 Likes

Thanks for the link! Geez Louise!

2 Likes

I seem to have a different reaction - I did not think that Trump was accusing Obama of plagiarism but claiming that Obama backs him up.

1 Like

Donaldā€™s actually correct on this claim.

ā€œMeanā€ was in a list of 27 adjectives for which China granted the Trump Organization trademarks last month.

Their monopoly rights to ā€œAmericanā€ and ā€œpatrioticā€ are pending, but expected shortly.

12 Likes

Like chewing on foil.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available