Discussion: Trump Confirms He Called House Repeal Bill 'Mean,' Claims Obama Copied Him

They all are! What was the name of that Sandra Bernhard album? Ah yes: “Without You I’m Nothing.”

2 Likes
2 Likes

Let me understand. So Trump is now against the repeal bill just because Obama stole his word? Or he just thinks that the bill is “mean” but loves it anyway?

Talk about self sabotage, now senators that didn’t like the bill but were going to vote for it anyways, just so that they won’t be seen as “obstructionist” now have political cover on the right. "The president thought it was mean, so I voted against it ". McConnell must be thrilled of having this genious to work with.

4 Likes

He coined the term “prime the pump” too. Whoops – I see LGB made the same point earlier – but I INSIST I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST!!!

13 Likes

Looks like you can bait Trump with a Facebook post as well as a tweet.

1 Like

And Obama also secretly envies Trump’s educational pedigree…and his class…his exquisite class…and his tan…and his hair… and his easy going athletic build and gait…

6 Likes

This dude is seriously psycho.
So is his base.
Lucky us. We can’t live with them, we can’t kill them.
All we can do is take their world apart one brick at a time until there’s nothing left.

5 Likes

Obama is not president. Unfortunately, you are. Start acting like something other than a circus clown.

5 Likes

Dont forget – he is MEAN too

4 Likes

Um, looks like Obama used “meanness”, which is a completely different best word.

Not to show meanness, Dump, but fuck you and the daughter you rode in on.

6 Likes

Joking aside, there is some political significance in what Trump said. Trump just told his Fox News audience that he thought the House Bill was mean. That would be news to them. KelLIEAnne and Price tried to clean it up by saying that the bill doesn’t cut medicaid and lowers premiums. But they’ve been contradicted by Collins and Heller.
For years, the GOP sold their repeal to their Fox/talk radio audience by saying that Obama was gutting Medicare/Medicaid to fund Obamacare (which of course had its embedded racial overtones). Now, they’re being forced to admit to their audience that they will destroy medicaid to pay for a tax cut. I question whether a GOP Senator that lets this bill die or votes no will have an angry base to deal with. They’ll have angry PACS to deal with but I think the core of the GOP would prefer that their Senators pick a different hill to die on (tax cuts, immigration)

5 Likes

Seems to me Dump has been playing with #2 for years and years.

Trump admits he is mean. Like we didn’t know it.

1 Like

Troll or troll not, there is no feeding.

4 Likes

Next, he will claim coining rights to the term “nut job.”

1 Like

I love how Obama has turned into a specter the GOP can’t get rid of. He scares the crap out of them and there’s nothing can do to harm him, especially since he’s WAY more popular than Trump is.

5 Likes

Certainly not in the fields of international relations or national policy.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s the tack Hillary took in the last 6 weeks of the campaign rather than offering her competing vision. And the suckers in just enough counties bought it. If we could extend it to the entire GOP (shouldn’t be hard), then we’ve got something to work with.

Wait, what?
What is wrong with you???
You think Trump going to his safe space Fox and saying Pres. Obama used a word that has been around longer than Trump has been alive shows that Pres. Obama is “getting hosed”? Are you serious?

There are days I still marvel that an immature classless person like Trump actually got elected in the US. And then I read your silly response and realize that there are a lot of people that get off on a frat boy personality like Trump. The Trump that goes on Twitter and lobs silly insults like “Pocahontas” to Warren or “Cryin Chuck” to Sen. Schumer. And if someone acts with dignity deserving of the office, he gets lambasted in a comment section of a message board for not lowering himself the Trump trash level.

Which I guess is why even after the right called Obama Kenyan Muslim, attacked him by saying he wasn’t Christian and questioned his patriotism and place of birth for 8+ years, he STILL enjoys a higher approval rating than Trump does during his presidential honeymoon.

So much for being “hosed”. :worried:

14 Likes
President Donald Trump confirmed in an interview aired Sunday that he called House Republicans’ bill to repeal and replace Obamacare “mean” in a private meeting, and claimed former President Barack Obama copied his one-word phrasing.

“He actually used my term, mean. That was my term. Because I want to see, and I speak from the heart, that’s what I want to see. I want to see a bill with heart,” Trump said in an interview on “Fox and Friends” with Pete Hegseth.

OMG, and Obama wrote in English too!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available