Discussion: Tenn. GOPers Explain Why They Wouldn't Condemn Neo-Nazism

said they objected to language that would ask law enforcement to consider the groups “domestic terrorist organizations.”

And that is objectionable why and how?

Any bets if it was ecosphere of Islamic-based hate groups (as opposed to “Christian” ones) the GOP would have insisted the language be more aggressive?

2 Likes

It would be ironic if McDaniels jumping to the other Senate race wound up boosting minority turnout and flipping both senate seats blue.

5 Likes

“These subjects seem simple but have initiated some of the most bitter decisiveness [sic] and debates I have ever witnessed.”

I’d say it is simple. Either you do or you don’t support Neo-Nazis.

2 Likes

Vote. Always.

3 Likes

“These subjects seem simple but have initiated some of the most bitter decisiveness [sic] and debates I have ever witnessed.”

Wouldn’t want you to get into a political argument with neo-Nazi’s.

Tennessee Republicans, like there national leader Donald Trump, will not condemn Nazis because these deplorable people are the base of the Republican party. As several people have said, the overwhelming support from Evangelicals and “the Bible Belt” for Donald Trump proves beyond all doubt that “Values” in front of the word voters is and has always been code for race.

3 Likes

Tennessee GOPers “Explain” Why They Wouldn’t Condemn Neo-Nazism

FIFY.

1 Like

It’s because Granpappy would roll over in his grave. Note the last sentence of the image text below.

It did not die in 36 seconds.
It died in the 1-2 seconds the legislator asked for a second, and the Speaker moved on.

TN is the new(old) Alabama or Arkansas.

3 Likes

“It’s beyond shocking that anyone in the year 2018 has to ask the RSLC or RNC why they won’t condemn neo-nazism,” Wexler-Waite said in a Friday statement. “The actions of the GOP-controlled Tennessee legislature are a punch in the gut to everything this country stands for and an insult to Jews, people of color, and all who have suffered at the hands of right wing extremists."

Not to mention the tens of thousands of Americans who fought and died, were tortured, or wounded for life in WWII anti-fascist campaigns in both the Atlantic and Pacific.

6 Likes

Get rid of this ilk

2 Likes

Where would those “votes” go? If the Nazis don’t vote, what is the harm? If they form their own party, they will see “also ran” for many cycles.
Sounds like a deal made with the devil.

1 Like

eh - they don’t exactly embrace feminists whatever their skin color is either

1 Like

excellent point D. Thanks for being the bright spot on this page. Though I’m sure you’re glad you got your eyeball tattoo before the law took effect.

2 Likes

For years you would hear the Broderite meme directed at Liberals “Stand up to the base” or the now timeworn “Do a sister Soulja” who was just a marginally known rapper/author with a hit at 150 or so on Billboard.
These folks don’t even have the gumption to stand up to a bunch of Nazis.

3 Likes

Remember when this issue was funny ? Now it’s reality.

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+blues+brothers+i+hate+illinois+nazis&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

3 Likes

Not to mention that they’re all quick to bitch about “sanctuary cities” and are eager to become federal enforcement officers and Mexican gangs, blah, blah, blah.

But hometown Nazis? “Whoa, whoa, let’s slow things down here a bit.”

1 Like

Mitch what do you think, Tenn GOP Nazies okay w/u ?

1 Like

O.MI.GOD. These clueless aholes. They wonder why CHILDREN march? Because most ‘adults’ in their lives fk up everything they touch. I don’t know which is more appalling…the fact they wouldn’t vote for the resolution or the lame excuse they ‘thought’ would fly.

2 Likes

I was going to go with: Heavily invested in white cotton sheet futures.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available