Discussion: Tenn. GOPers Explain Why They Wouldn't Condemn Neo-Nazism

Tennessee’s history during the Civil War is rather complex.

Tennessee was the last state to secede from the Union, and they didn’t secede until after Lincoln called for volunteers after Fort Sumpter. (Their vote to secede was more anti-war than pro-slavery) And even after secession, eastern Tennessee still supported the Union - Tennessee had as many volunteers fighting for the Union as the rest of the Confederate states combined.

Of course, they still have idiots in their state, but their racists like to ignore the portions of Tennessee’s history that don’t reflect their agendas.

3 Likes

If you side with NeoNazis because you don’t want to call them a domestic terrorist group, that pretty much admits they are.

1 Like

Well, just to be snarky,
I lived there during the civil war for 5 years. Just outside of Nashville
I moved away from there 7 months ago. lol

But I get your point.

We’d love to condemn the nazis just not our nazis.

I bet those refusing to condemn neo nazis and white supremicists wear lapel flag pins. Patriotic my ass. It was Nazis who declared war on the USA Dec. 11 1941! Letting these vermin out from under their rocks is how Hitler started. Unfortunately these Republican lawmakers are too young to remember Hitler and what it did to the world then. And now they are looking at the same circumstance now and are too stupid to know it.

1 Like

Just another sad sign of the GOP’s 50-year descent from “the Party of Lincoln” to “the Party of white racists and neo-Nazis.”

This is today’s GOP base in all its glory. Good luck with that over the next several election cycles.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available