Discussion: Sessions: 'Not Sure Anyone' Could've Caught Flynn's Foreign Payments (VIDEO)

FactCheck.org was co-opted by the right years ago. It’s been a cesspool of false equivalence masking itself as “fairness” for at least the last four election cycles. They’re really not a credible source anymore.

1 Like

“Why would you re-run a background check on someone who is the head of the Department of the Defense Intelligence Agency that had and did maintain a high-level security clearance?” Spicer replied.

BECAUSE HE HAD BEEN FIRED FROM THAT JOB YOU STUPID MAN!

4 Likes

amazing to me. no mention that. a former tied to the Law. Military officer did not tell about the money given by a foreign government. duh. come on man. he filed false statements plain and simple. and your the Head of law enforcement for the United States. your a schmuck! a racist one at that maybe if he had a different skin color he would have been vetted. like the refugees

2 Likes

@j.dave …don’t forget TomCottonMouth’s A+ assessment…

http://talkbusiness.net/2017/04/tbp-daily-sen-tom-cotton-reflects-on-president-trumps-first-100-days-in-office/

I’m not sure anyone could be expected to find that,” Sessions told “Good Morning America

Yeah. Who would have known this pic existed just because it has been posted to major cable, print and Internet media a zillion times?..

6 Likes

Wow! No one could have caught them? Mmmm. I guess the press does not count as anyone! And this guy is the head of the Justice? This is guy in charge of the FBI?

2 Likes

I was watching my DVR of CBS aghast no one thought to ask, since I don’t think anyone else from the press has on the record, about Jeffie’s meetings with the Russian ambassador, particularly the one in his Capitol Hill office on the day sanctions were put in place just to put a little dent in Jeffie’s canned eye twinkle.

1 Like

7 Likes

What I remember most about something Condi Rice said:

“As I was telling my husb—” before abruptly breaking off and correcting herself: “As I was telling President Bush.”

4 Likes

How could anyone have POSSIBLY had any suspicions that Flynn was on the take?

A former director of the Central Intelligence Agency has just revealed that he was at a meeting where Michael Flynn spoke to members of the Turkish government about removing an opponent of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan from the U.S. and taking him to Turkey.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that James Woolsey has told them that he attended the meeting on September 19th. At that time, Flynn — the former National Security Adviser who resigned last month over communications with the Russian ambassador — was an adviser to Donald Trump‘s presidential campaign. Woolsey said he was shocked about the topic of the discussion and felt it could be illegal.

BTW…the “topic of the discussion” Woolsey was so concerned about? A plan by Turkey to kidnap a cleric in exile in the US whom they have been trying to get because they claim he fomented the failed coup that helped Erdogan consolidate power.

2 Likes

One of my fav Condi quotes. They did work out together, remember. All that sweatiness and the soft rock on Condi’s smartphone…

1 Like

I infrequently wonder (not like its a problem or anything) who Dubya painted first, Laura or Condi???

We did vet Flynn. We knew he was fired by the Obama Administration. What better bona fides does someone need?

4 Likes

6 Likes

“Why would you re-run a background check on someone who is the head of the Department of the Defense Intelligence Agency that had and did maintain a high-level security clearance?”

Oh, I don’t know… maybe the fact that he had been fired from his previous job would be a reason?

Or maybe the fact that his appearances on RT and at the Putin dinner had already been widely reported in the press?

Or maybe the fact that on September 30, 2016 Flynn registered as a lobbyist for Inovo, a Turkish controlled group? That he had been - even during the campaign - actively involved in affairs related to Turkey, setting up meetings on behalf of Turkish interests, publishing an op-ed (on Election Day!) defending Erdogan? Or that on November 11, 2016 the Daily Caller published an extensive investigative report into Flynn’s Turkish ties?

Or that, on December 9, 2016, two US Senators (Jeanne Shaheen and Richard Blumenthal) wrote to James Comey and James Clapper specifically requesting that Flynn’s security clearance be reviewed based on his foreign ties and conflicts of interests? https://www.shaheen.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/General%20Flynn%20-%20Blumenthal-Shaheen%20Letter.pdf

The only reason Sessions and Trump and Pence and Bannon and Kushner didn’t catch Flynn’s previously publicly reported foreign payments is that they didn’t want to. He was designated as National Security Advisor - with no vetting - for two simple reasons: the first was as a reward for his loyal campaigning on behalf of Trump, and the second was that it was a position that didn’t require Senate confirmation (where all of these issues would have prevented his confirmation.)

The whole “how could anyone have possibly known” defense is so patently ridiculous - the reality is that Sessions et al already knew, and they simply didn’t care.

5 Likes

Here’s a thought. They could have asked him and then checked his answers. Seriously, could it be that this inept administration completely neglected paperwork and left no trip because they believe they inherently know better than any bureaucratic processes and just needed to get going? Is the WH pushback on delivering any documents – and their Obama deflection – reflect their not having any docs? Seems unbelievable, but then again it is the “deconstructive” Trump WH.

P.S. Remember that it’s more the cover-up than the embarrassments and/or crimes.

Even the Simpsons are piling on his 100 day accomplishments:

1 Like

Oh Good Lord. Aren’t lawyers supposed to be able to connect the dots?

1 Like
Gee, it took one letter to the DOD to uncover this information.      Does Jeff comprehend how vetting is done, or is that for 'little people" to do?
2 Likes

I always check Luckovich and Toles because they have just the right take on the orange and it’s important to me to try to giggle at the antics instead of wailing about what’s coming up.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available