Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

Add Kelly to that list. That little stunt he pulled today about Tillerson being on the toilet was classless and revolting, exactly what we have come to expect from that empty barrel.

21 Likes

How can this survive a legal challenge. There is no reason to fire him now other than the fact that he would otherwise receive a retirement pension.

This so bad in that it not only displays Trump’s pettiness it also will lose.

Much like every Trunp move. Bad for Anerica and Americand in every way.

3 Likes

When will the execrable miscreants, Trump and Sessions go after Hillary? You know it’s coming if they stay in power much longer.

3 Likes

McCabe’s statement seems like it was written well in advance of tonight in anticipation of this deplorable action.

Once again, Fat Nixon’s need to tweet his rage and his motives will wind up helping his so-called enemy win his court case. If Stoopid Nixon’s tweets are official WH communications and he clearly stated that he wanted to prevent McCabe from “running out the clock” to get his full pension then his tweets will be used to prove the personal and malicious nature of this action.

I really didn’t think he was this dumb but I readily admit that I was 100% wrong.

17 Likes

Hey now what I’m I going to do with my stockpile of pitchforks and torches.

1 Like

McCabe’s statement is pure fire. It lobs a grenade right in Trump’s lap. It cuts through the bullshit of the OIG report and makes plain that this is about discrediting a witness, the FBI, the Mueller probe and committing obstruction of justice. Legally, this pretty much nails the case for obstruction against Trump. There is no good way for Trump to defend the accusation that he was singling McCabe out because of McCabe’s role as a key corroborating witness (and adverse to Trump) in the Comey firing.

Rosenstein played this well. He lobbed the hot potato at Sessions, in order to preserve his own role to protect Mueller. Sessions violated the recusal, fired McCabe, did it at Trump’s behest, and provided McCabe the ability to win his appeal and be a star witness for Mueller.

There’s a reasonable argument that Sessions may have willingly played this role to protect Mueller and Rosenstein. Or, he just did it to keep his job, but he did so at some risk, because Sessions’ move clearly violates the recusal. He can’t hide behind the fig leaf that the OIG report concerned a non-Trump-Russia matter, because Trump’s tweet and interview history all point to him being obsessed with McCabe for several months post Comey firing when he testified in support of Comey.

As Renato Mariotti and others have stated, this firing is as significant as the Comey firing itself to the obstruction of justice track. It is a major self inflicted wound. Unless Trump goes scorched earth, goes the full Nazi with GOP support, and shuts down the election of 2018 and 2020, the political laws of gravity suggest that he won’t survive.

44 Likes

By chance, is he doing this as part of his agreement with Mueller? Sort of double-agent spying on his former camp?

1 Like

Now I have that AC/DC song running through my head. Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap.

2 Likes

He is looking more and more like the madman we know him to be.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Lol what. MCcabe was the reason the email investigations didn’t end. He is the primary factor why emailz was even a factor.

I don’t like the guy at all. But this is pretty beyond words. It’s not like his pension would have cost Sessions or Trump a penny.

This just goes to show these people are inherently disgusting people.

6 Likes

What is the threshold?
When are we no longer a nation ruled by laws?
Is it when Mueller is effectively silenced?
Or is it earlier?
Can we wait until November for the Blue Wave?
Or does the Blue Wave need to take to the streets now?
These are NOT rhetorical questions.

When the fuck does McConnell or Ryan shout out “ENOUGH!!!” and act like patriotic men of Law and realize that they must act for Country over Party?

2 Likes

Thank you for once again putting everything in perfect perspective.

11 Likes

I have seen people incorrectly state that a wife can’t testify against her husband. I believe the truth is that a wife can’t be compelled to testify against her husband. If a spouse couldn’t testify against her/his spouse, it would be impossible to take most domestic abuse cases to court.

I hope she’s angry about being dragged into this mess but I also don’t believe that she’s been entirely innocent. She’s a Carmella Soprano to me who has her come to Jesus moments but decides that she really likes the jewelry and big house more.

10 Likes

Reference to Trump and think in the same sentence. Tsk.

3 Likes

Sort of creeps me out that there is a portion of our population that can be subject to that thinking. One thing we are going to have to reconcile when this is all done, they exist and can be our neighbors, friends or just the guy walking by. It leaves an ugly feeling in my stomach thinking about it.

7 Likes

If you want to make people believe that you are making a legitimate decision, don’t fire someone at 10:00 on a Friday night - do it in the light of day. The rot goes deep.

13 Likes

Peter Thiel funded the lawsuit against Gawker. The same Peter Thiel who spoke at the R’s convention last summer.

People are saying that Thiel is whispering in Fat Nixon’s ear, telling him he can win. This time, Thiel is wrong. I hope…

6 Likes

Ha-ha! In other words, meaningless. The gang who couldn’t think straight or is pretty sure the Fat Man in charge can’t think straight.

2 Likes

Yet another case where frumpf is gutless and has his equally gutless sycophant AG conduct purely political firings. The’ll all be overturned and the employees made whole-plus-plus-plus.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available