Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

Trump pardons everyone, resigns, Pence pardons him, then all he has to deal with is the NY State stuff which isn’t good, but he gets past the really bad shit.

Democrats take back the WH and we begin the process of slow, pragmatic and incremental change. As for what happened with Russia? Look forward not backward they’ll say…

Most of what these people have done should result with them in blindfolds and enjoying a last cigarette, but I doubt anyone even sees any time…but someone went to jail today for shoplifting I guarantee.

2 Likes

I just heard a legal analyst speculate that maybe Trump’s lawyer hoped to push Daniels (especially since they’re claiming Stormy will owe $20 million) to sign a new NDA that would stop the 60 Minutes segment from being shown.

2 Likes

Semi OT: One thing Putin may not be bargaining on is our resilience. We are in the middle of a very existential civil war. It is being fought today as we type. I suspect the Russians get us on a tactical level, but they really do not get us on a much higher level. They expect us to operate as they expect themselves to do so. My opinion, but it seems to roll that way.

17 Likes

McCabe found out first through a news story and then a few minutes later received the official notice.

3 Likes

I’ll say this, if you REALLY wanna hurt Trump, find that tape. Him being abused and urinated on by a woman on tape and he’s really finished, he’ll lose all respect in Russia, and I suspect he and his family may want to start a new life there one day.

1 Like

I bet that Diet Coke button is getting quite a workout tonight. tRump’s probably pushed that thing more times than should be allowed by any sentient being.

The only good thing tonight is that his actions ordering Sessions to do the dirty deed indicates he’s panicking, looks guilty as hell, and is trying to weasel his way out of the crimes he’s committed. Its a dead give-away as to how scared he is of any testimony against him.

The bad thing is that his actions ordering Sessions to do this dirty deed shows he’s panicking and could just as easily fly off the handle, doing more unscrupulous and irrational action, which in turn will do far more damage to our country in the process.

Either way, he clearly hasn’t thought this thing out, and he’s definitely not in charge of his faculties…And as a result, everyone in the country is made to suffer because the Man-baby legitimately continues to have his unconventional and unpresidented authority questioned.

8 Likes

HoarseWispeer’s (whom I follow too) thread @atldrew posted upthread succinctly explains what’s going on here. It’s not exactly about being smart or dumb (though the fuckin’ moron is dumb). That Fuckin’ Orange NPD just can’t help himself and I guarantee you, at this very moment he is feeling exultant and feeling strong because, well, “WINNING!!!”

The first few of the thread, but read the entire thread (not very long). Not that it’s something new to us, but worth remembering again.

8 Likes

This never gets old, particularly now. The Rule Book, from Bridge of Spies.

13 Likes

The is war against our own LE by the criminals in the WH.

7 Likes

As one of your Southern brethren, I know exactly what you’re saying. And it’s often true. But I don’t know if Beauregard has it in him. The rope-a-dope requires a cunning I don’t think that lily-spleened poster elf for dyspepsia carries around in his medicine bag.

4 Likes

I agree. But even if Trump did win the lawsuit he will have lost. If this goes to court there will be depositions that will be devastating to Trump. I believe good is going to win out over evil. It might take the USA to her knees but every world leader nation has had to be toppled at one point or another. Rot sets in and it has done so here. We will rebuild our values and integrity and go on.

10 Likes

As was pointed out in McCabe’s statement, this is war against the FBI by Trump (through Session) to discredit a witness to Trump’s crimes of Obstruction.

11 Likes

This piece of sh*t - Donald - has him fired at 10 pm Friday!
What bigger cowards and hideous humans beings - Donald and Sessions.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/974847905604472832

20 Likes

I am so glad I came online tonight. Being here and getting the opinions of people I respect has helped me to calm down. Thanks, everyone. :relieved:

18 Likes

I believe you are right. This is what is cited in the linked People article.

The celebrity divorce lawyer explains that as a result of the impending divorce, Vanessa will no longer be able to assert spousal testimonial immunity, which would have allowed her to avoid testifying against her husband regarding allegations he colluded with Russia.

But Tanhka says Vanessa could still refuse to answer questions about their private communications during the marriage under the marital communications privilege, which survives the split.

“She may request a kicker for her to maintain those marital communications as private after the divorce,” Tanhka explains.

6 Likes

Hoo boy! This gon be gud!

Directly accusing Trump of obstruction of justice!

Disgruntled employee meme from GOP congressmen and Senators in 3, 2, 1…

19 Likes

Along US Attorney General Preet Bharara.

7 Likes

Something worrying is afoot. Tillerson firing and threats to Daniels. Then:

First, Sater appears on CNN and basically tells Mueller to fuck himself.

Second, Flynn appears at the Trump fundraiser: another fuck-you to Mueller.

Third, McCabe is fired. Fuck off, Mueller.

Fourth, Flynn Jr, who has Mueller breathing all over him, gives Mueller the finger:

Seems to me that the word is out that Trump is going for broke.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t consider their actions “worrying” but rather “desperate.”

Nothing is going to save those people, especially Flynn who’s already pleaded guilty. And a pardon does not save him.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available