Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

Holy shit.

Fmr Gen. Barry McCaffrey tweeted tonight:

“Reluctantly I have concluded that President Trump is a serious threat to US national security. He is refusing to protect vital US interests from active Russian attacks. It is apparent that he is for some unknown reason under the sway of Mr Putin.”

29 Likes

Thanks for sharing these threads, geo.

He’s set this up so that he can blame Sessions but there is an ever shrinking number of people who still believe him without question. He’s making himself look like the manic, erratic, impulsive fucking moron* he is.

*Tillerson didn’t give us much - in fact, he did a massive amount of damage in his year as SoS, but I’ll always be grateful for his statement re Fat Nixon:

He’s a fucking moron!

10 Likes

You can not separate this action from politics. POTUS has been screeching that McCabe should be fired and lose his position. Lo and behold, a lightning speed investigation and process unlike any other concludes exactly what the President wants. John Yoo faced an IG and OPA recommendation that he be fired too in 2010. He was given 6 months to fight against it, and then the decision took months…he was NOT fired. McCabe had 24 hrs and the decision was made 24 hrs later. Smells bad.

15 Likes

Thanks for posting it, I just retweeted it because I MUST.

4 Likes

I’ve had some compassion for relatives and long-time friends who voted for this son of a bitch. Now, they might as well be dead for all I care. They don’t exist. What thought processes – or lack thereof – that would have them vote for this monster is beyond my ken. Damned from here to eternity.

12 Likes

You may be on to something. Its like their attempts at an offense. Pretty weak though, imo. Don’t they know more than half the country can easily interpret that as a way to flaunt their criminal behavior? I would think that those efforts, by many of these tRump lackeys, are a mass demonstration of loyalty for an audience of one. Mueller, I suspect, could care less whatever antics they put on in the media or for fellow travellers. When it comes to the law, he’s got most all of them dead to rights and they fucking know it. Bravado, much like tRump displays, won’t get them shit in the end.

7 Likes

I was going to say the same to you, rollinnolan, based on your comment above!

How much damage will be done before this nightmare ends and how long it will take to rebuild our institutions, our trust in not just our government and media but our neighbors and even family members, and whether or not the rest of the world ever sees us as a reliable partner, ally or negotiator true to her word, remains to be seen.

14 Likes

As the Trump era was ushered in, the US ranked 19th in Rule of Law. Tonight we dropped to 89th position to tie with Russia. Putin sees himself above and separate from the law, as apparently does Trump. I’m still hoping Mueller doesn’t agree with this view.

6 Likes

The T-Rex firing was just vindictive and a sign of weakness.
Sater admitted on live television that the Trump Org did business with a sanctioned Russian bank. That’s against the law. Reza Zarrab got nabbed for violating US-Iran sanctions and his arrest and trial factored into Flynn’s guilty plea.

Flynn has been cooperating with the special counsel.

21 Likes

HA! Sounds like there will be a steep price for her silence!

Good for her, good for those kids. Sucks to be Junior these days. I wonder how many times his coke dealer visits each day?

6 Likes

I would buy pay-per-view to watch that live.

8 Likes

And he never took it back or lied about never saying it. At least that is something you can say for him. He had enough integrity to not back down. The way he was treated was disgraceful, and that is coming from a Democrat. So let’s not be surprised if even some Republicans realize what Trump did to McCabe was shitty.

9 Likes

Thank you, spencersmom. :blush:

5 Likes

The irony of Sessions firing someone else for a “lack of candor” does not escape me. I think (and hope) this will turn out to be a huge mistake. We need Trump out of the White House, sooner rather than later.

9 Likes

(Sorry for shameless self-quote)

(Actually the correct time stamp is 12:08 AM - 17 Mar 2018. Well past kids’ bed time).

12 Likes

He didn’t accidentally let that little gem out. He knows what he is doing. He put the knife in and twisted.

6 Likes

OMG. That is unbelievable. Bet his attorneys are pulling their hair out. That tweet is the icing on the obstruction cake.

16 Likes

Right? In so, so many ways, the moron is actually cooperating with Mueller already… :expressionless:

8 Likes

And he just reinforced what McCabe wrote in his statement.

15 Likes

Excellent. Absolutely perfect for this moment in time. Thanks for sharing that, I’d forgotten about it completely. :+1:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available