Discussion: Report: Trump Told Military 'I Want A Parade Like The One In France’

The R&D section has a 1,000 pound capacity launcher for his orange carcass. Glad to help.

4 Likes

Because parades generally have focused on veterans and the ends of conflicts… and why the seal of the US had the Eagle’s head turn to the olive branch rather than the arrows… but I guess that was the FUSA not TUSA

3 Likes

In researching this I found English origins. I was hoping for an illustration, but had to settle for a simple jpg.

A colleague of mine was one of these soldiers marching toward an A bomb test.

3 Likes

4 Likes

A Trump MILITARY parade
in DC?
Sounds ominous.
Lets all go and stand in front of a tank!

3 Likes

Grand Army Vets would marched in parades on July 4th and other holidays. My great grandfather participated in those events. He was a Civil War Vet - the WI infantry. I have his diaries and he wrote about them. But they were not military parades per se.

3 Likes

Actually I think he wants to be Adolf Hitler.

4 Likes

But clearly not syphilis.

Actually I think he wants to be Adolf Hitler.

A disservice to Hitler, who not only was smarter but was an actual veteran.

2 Likes

and very tight boots

1 Like

That alone is the best reason to stop this stupid idea, if this old Hippy is willing to make the trip to obstruct a Trump Tank, imagine what some of the young folks might be thinking.

Imagine those tanks frozen in place by a Million Woman March, they’ve done it before.

Seriously, a military parade for Trump at this point in time is nothing but dangerously provocative.

I’d be PROUD to go OUT as half-track road-kill while protesting The Orange Pretender.

Bury my squashed carcass in Arlington.

9 Likes

there IS no such thing…

or a Hare Krisna hoedown…

2 Likes

I’m being rhetorical, dood.

1 Like

Asked about the association of such parades with strongman rulers, [an unnamed White House official familiar with the parade’s planning] said that the parade would be a “celebration of the men and women who give us freedom,” and added: “That’s the opposite of a totalitarian government.”

Pure co-incidence: Kim Jong-un, Bashar al-Assad, and Vladimir Putin all say the same thing.

6 Likes

That brave man took a bullet in the base of his brain for his bravery.

1 Like

The Supreme Leader wants the Pentagon to honor him with a parade.
I hope the military have been working on their goose-step.

4 Likes

Yeah, the key thing here is that this is not a man acting from a position of strength to secure power. This is the sad flailing of someone who feels weak, scared, and small. Don’t let him cow you. The First Diaper overfloweth.

4 Likes

He won’t be marching with those painful bone spurs and all…

2 Likes

I guess I do not see what the point of a military parade display is other than an homage to Trump. At a time of a 1.5 T $ larger deficit, rumors of cuts to social programs, and the Pentagon complaining about lack of predictable funding, this seems really stupid. No money should be devoted to this. We cannot afford it. It will cost millions perhaps billions.

He thinks he is an emperor.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available