Discussion: Report: Trump Told Military 'I Want A Parade Like The One In France’

3 Likes

The only Bastille Day re-creation he deserves is the first one.

80 Likes

Good lord. Does he want the service members to goose step, too? Fucking wanna be dictator.

46 Likes

Right. A parade celebrating of the troops, not the Narcissist in Chief. The MAGA crowd will get a collective woody over it, so Twitler wants it even more.

22 Likes

Nero could get some pointers from this git.

20 Likes

24 Likes

That is the problem right there. It has nothing to do with allowing the soldier to show his colors. I am not really against a bit of flourish.

But, this is a ego move. And again, the (d)ick-tator ™ in chief is looking for another hit.

But I have another issue with a military parade of this size. It removes good soldiers from their duties and creates a tremendous amount of stress while they are still deployed in war zones and facing a number of ongoing threats. This is something for when there is space to do so.

And then let us discuss expense. This little man wants us to spend willy nilly while promising to contain costs. It is unnecessary to say the least.

37 Likes

I watched some of the Russian military parades. They were truly impressive, but if they don’t replace the caterpillar treads on tanks and other vehicles, a parade will tear up the pavement. By the end of it the road will need to be repaved. That was a price Moscow was willing to pay. Will DC be as happy to pay it?

21 Likes

I think the Marie Antoinette treatment is generous for him, personally.

21 Likes

Precisely why the Trebutine® is in serious development.

8 Likes

Unbelievable that serious adults go along with this shit. He’s a maladjusted child.

60 Likes

And, of course - of course! - Rump and feral trumpers don’t understand that Bastille Day is considered to be a national holiday. We already have that; it’s called July 4th, Independence Day. He also doesn’t understand that the storming of the Bastille is a symbol of the French Revolution.

But, Rump doesn’t know what the French Revolution is so - whatevs.

27 Likes

“This is being worked at the highest levels of the military,” the unnamed military official said.

Good Lord. Russia’s directly interfering in our elections, hacking us into oblivion, China’s eating our lunch across the globe, North Korea’s still out there without a solution, Navy ships seemingly can’t stop hitting other vessels, and of course, the Mid-East, Pakistan remain intractable problems…and the top guys are focused on giving the 5-year old a Parade? Does he get a pony too?
You’ve got to be kidding me!

45 Likes

Cadet Bones Spurs wants a Military Parade to honor…

Himself.

39 Likes

Narcissistic masturbation.

Can you fucking imagine if Obama had tried to have a parade like this? Imagine it for just one second and go listen to your favorite song to get the imaginary right wing hysterics out of your earholes.

Trump wants to be Kim Jung Un so bad it hurts him every second of every day.

37 Likes

I suppose El Dumbshit wants a “TRUMP” uniform too. The little general thinks he’s a dictator.

6 Likes

Americans today will go for anything that lauds the military.
He’ll get his parade - for the troops!

2 Likes

I hope DC bars it from the roads as too destructive to the roads.

16 Likes

…in the Post’s words, “would be less associated with the president and politics.”

But that’s the point of this whole charade.

7 Likes

Big parade, little penis.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available