Discussion: Report: Trump Told Military 'I Want A Parade Like The One In France’

President Obama, Hillary or any Democratic POTUS would have been crucified on the WH lawn long before this. My husband read of this recent demand. Apparently the Trumpster wants to show off His military might.

My guns are bigger than your guns sort of thing.

Ugh x 1000! Every time I think I cannot be more disgusted . . . I am.

6 Likes

That’s the Artillery nuke right? They have that thing at the Nuke museum in ABQ.

1 Like

Yeah? Well I want healthcare like the one they have in France. As long as we’re copying them…

15 Likes

The money spent on this would be better off going to the VA. We have maybe thousands of soldiers disabled by war injuries but rather than tend to them, the President wants a parade in his honor. This so pisses me off. I am making several phone calls tomorrow.

16 Likes

Money and time is better spent honoring the graves of the fallen and giving the living a bonus.

1 Like

Kudos for the Catch 22 reference

3 Likes

Excellent, but screw the Pentagon, it should be in a different venue at the exact same time. I think people like the IAVA would be all over that.

7 Likes

That is not an established fact. Unknown identity, unknown fate.

A reenactment would be excellent idea. Everyone wearing black pants, white shirt and carrying two plastic shopping bags full of popcorn.

1 Like

Thanks. What I gather is that the kind of parade DT wants typically follows (in the US, at least) a military victory. So what this suggests to me is that this whole preposterous idea is of a piece with the “bloody nose” attack on NK that he’s hot for. Do that in the spring, cue up the parade in the summer.

…how about these guys?

Nero?
Caligula, Genghis Khan, and Pol Pot would all love to shadow this guy and learn some new tricks.

1 Like

I was thinking about his bone spurs. Bwahaha.

1 Like

Sorry, I live in Kansas where swastikas still fly now and then, along with stars and bars, Thus, I get defensive sometimes.

1 Like

I’d buy THAT for a dollar!

1 Like

OK then, but TUPOS has to pa for it while working a $10/hr job, that should keep him out of our hair for a good while.

1 Like

There should be a another women’s march at the same time, the marchers carrying a bag like this man, and stopping the march at every ten feet, that Trump could have is march last 10 hours. This president is crazy, like a 10 year old boy playing with toy soldiers.

2 Likes

[Quote] Asked about the association of such parades with strongman rulers, that official said that the parade would be a "celebration of the men and women who give us freedom,” and added: “That’s the opposite of a totalitarian government.”

The official said, as paraphrased by the Post, that “a parade would have nothing to do with Trump’s feuds with [North Korean leader] Kim [Jong Un], but would be designed as a broad show of strength to send a warning to all of America’s adversaries.”[/Quote] Uh-huh…

2 Likes

This is being worked at the highest levels of the military,” the unnamed military official said.

donnie has his best generals - the best, very, very beautiful generals ever - working on it, believe me. Obama couldn’t do a parade like this, but donnie has a great plan coming from his generals, and he’ll tell us about it soon, or in a week, or on Monday, when the time is right, because a lot of people are saying this, believe me.

Besides, it’s not like the generals have anything else to worry about (except for retired general kelly, who has a whole shit ton of dreamers to deport).

Spare no expense.

The middle class will pay for it. It’s the Trump Business Practice. Charge other people to bolster the Trump brand name. In this case, charge American taxpayers.

I love a parade;
The tramping of feet,
I love ever beat
I hear of a drum.
I love a parade;
When I hear a band
I just wanna stand
And cheer as they come!

That rat-a-tat-tat!
The flair of a horn!
That rat-a-tat-tat!
A bright uniform!