Discussion: Report: Ivanka Trump Wrote Unused 'Clarification' On 'Rapist' Mexicans Comment

no

depending on the official deposition, she was trying to normalize that speech, because she had an idea what was coming. However (and this is now relevant), she didn’t choose to take any sections out, but perhaps to make his statements ‘human’.

n that now is the question…

its news.

the possible ‘burning’ question is what was it that she wrote as supposed ‘clarification’.

Pretty sure that I already know the answer.

1 Like

It’s news because it shows that Trump’s most credible supporter saw those comments as a liability, but that she preferred to tow the line or not acknowledge that liability.

True. When nominee families get directly involved in a podium, in an interview discussing political stance and platform, saying they’ve written extortionist or speeches, to name a few, THEY BECOME OPEN SEASON

MeXican raPists are Greasy.

4 Likes

Geez Ghost …

I have never thought myself “afraid” of dying …

But if this is what it’s like … I will seriously reconsider —

1 Like

How is this a thing? My a1c level just went up 0.5 by reading that!

4 Likes

She felt that people in positions of responsibility were twisting her father’s comments unfairly to make her father appear sympathetic to a position he did not in fact support.

Like father, like daughter…

What she ignores is any concern that irresponsible people might misconstrue her father’s comments to mean her father validated a hateful presumption about Mexicans that he did not support.

Either way, Donald and Ivanka seem to act on a need to protect Donald from the justified scorn of decent people. At the same time, they seem unconcerned about his “brand” being associated with hate-filled people, like those who might harm innocent citizens of Hispanic descent, based on misunderstanding him.

3 Likes

Hey, TPM - how about some full disclosure?

Some, he assumes, are good people, remember?

3 Likes

“I had suggested a clarification because I felt that his comments were being misconstrued,” she said, according to reporting from BuzzFeed News. “Not a retraction. I don’t think that’s my place.” (Ivanka Trump)

Misconstrued? What is it with you people? Word for word, we understood exactly what your father said. Additionally, he doubled down on it, Ivanka – time and again. Come on, we did not “misconstrue” anything. He meant exactly what he said.

What exactly is your “place?” We were led to believe you were one of your dad’s closest confidants–if not his closest one–on whom he relies for feedback, etc.

Ivanka, you’re proving to be just another entitled idiot like your father, only with a prettier face and a somewhat more genteel manner. You’re just as out of touch with the real world as the rest of your family.

2 Likes

I like fatty food

1 Like

BREAKING: Seems a Trump ‘wrote’ something.

1 Like

Man, if she wasn’t already sleeping with her dad I’d hit that.

Dang it! I wanted to give you 50 likes!

2 Likes

What the fuck is this shit? This is news? Woman “may” have written a “clarification” for herself. Big fuckin deal.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m curious, how does one “clarify” what thuggish Trump says?

1 Like

He meant “therapists.” It just sounded like the rapists.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available