Discussion: Report: Ivanka Trump Wrote Unused 'Clarification' On 'Rapist' Mexicans Comment

There’s a connection between the level of bile he puts out and the fact that he sees the end of the road coming up to meet him and his desperate need for attention… So, he’ll get insaner and insaner until the election and almost assuredly well after.

This may not get national coverage, but today he said he wants to ban Filipinos from coming into the country because (someone told him because he knows nothing of world affairs) the Philippines are full of terrorists.There’s a huge Filipino population in the SF Bay Area and they are flipping out.

@tena There’s a small pick up truck up the street from me, family parks on the street as most us do, it sports a bush/cheney 2004 bumper sticker. The truck got hit by somebody who was probably driving too fast and/or swerving. Much damage to front left side. I only tell you this so I can say hahahahaha

3 Likes

There is a considerable Filipino population in Texas too.

Wow - he is getting crazier. That’s astoundingly crazy.

1 Like

hahahahahahahahaha you’re too much.

1 Like

Attn: TPM and Katherine Krueger -

Trump did not specify any legal status of Mexican immigrants when he claimed they were rapists, etc in his Prez-candidacy announcement speech.

So when you say this in your article:

After her father barrel rolled into the 2016 GOP primary race by condemning undocumented Mexican immigrants as “rapists” bringing drugs and crime into the country…

Your are presenting false info.
He did not specify ‘undocumented’ in any way.
I repeat: He referred to ALL Mexicans coming to the U.S.in that speech - not only undocumented/illegal ones - he made no specification either way.
(and since Trump is the best speaker who knows all the words… We have to believe he said exactly what he meant)

Why we have TPM and Katherine Krueger trying to alter-soften Trumps statements in an article here, yet again, is beyond me (yes, it has happened here before with this same writer)

Is Ms Krueger one of Trump’s surrogates who goes around explaining what he ‘really meant’? Or is she merely trying to quietly rewrite+soften facts about Trump’s words, stances, and behaviors for some other reason?

Here’s the transcript of the referenced speech: http://time.com/3923128/donald-trump-announcement-speech/

Is TMP editorial aware of Ms. Krueger’s fact-altering regarding Trump - in that she softens the facts to favor Trump?.. I mean, I’d think they’d have to be if they’re engaged at all.

By eliciting this testimony about a “re-write” by Ivanka, the restauranteur’s lawyer is showing that even Trump’s daughter found Trump’s statements to be racist and problematic. This supports the restauranteur’s defense that he had to withdraw from a partnership with Trump due to Trump’s bad reputation and overt racism. Having a court of law determine, if it does, that contracts with Trump may be torn up because of Trump’s extreme racism is, indeed, an interesting piece of news, and it will have an impact on any business contract Trump enters into in the future. Basically, the court will be saying that Trump is such a pig that anyone can walk out of one his contracts.

5 Likes

That will be interesting if a court holds that.

1 Like

she was trying to put lipstick and blush on a pig.

2 Likes

True, “how does one “clarify” what thuggish Trump says?” The whole thing was torturous to read. And Katherine didn’t help either. Maybe she was confused too. It is challenging.

His “remarks that Mexican immigrants…” were mischaracterized as being a categorical attack on Hispanics,” was hard to figure. I mean, he didn’t mention Estonians or Ethiopians. Just Hispanics. What’s to “clarify”?

"Asked if she had written a statement about the remarks, Trump said she “drafted something for myself” but noted "it was not used.”

I mean, it makes sense but I can’t figure it out. Did it ever get out of her head?

In other words, Ivanka knows very well that Daddy is full of crap, and yet she still indignantly declares that the press is out to get him.

2 Likes

Clarification: I was lying.

2 Likes

Again, the interesting issue here is not that Trump’s daughter was unsuccessful in putting a gloss on Trump’s racist comments… the issue is that EVEN Trump’s daughter saw Trump’s comments as unacceptable. Jose Andres walked away from a contract with Trump on the basis that Trump had ruined the value of the partnership by his words and behavior. This cuts to the center of a lot of Trump’s income these days, which is in licensing the Trump name. So this case is really about whether Trump has ruined his own brand to such an extent that parties to contracts with him can walk away. Andres said Trump caused damage; Trump is saying he didn’t. Now we have evidence that even Trump’s own daughter saw the damage. It’s going to be an interesting ruling.

4 Likes

I’ll just post this without further comment… except to say ENJOY!!!

2 Likes

“We are letting people come in from terrorist nations that shouldn’t be allowed because you can’t vet them,” said Trump. He then named these countries as Afghanistan, Iraq, Morocco, Pakistan, Somalia, Syria, Uzbekistan, Yemen and the Philippines, and piped up, “We’re dealing with animals.”

2 Likes

This article is basically a link to the Buzz Feed Article, which has more details. There are a couple of interesting tidbits in this story. One is that Ivanka doesn’t think she still possess a copy of what she wrote. I don’t believe that. Surely, it is saved on some backup drive. The second thing is Ivanka said she wrote it for herself, but implied earlier that she wrote it for her father to use to walk back his comments. Ivanka also says she keeps business and politics separate. I also find that difficult to believe. Trump is using his business and the employees of his and his children’s businesses in his campaign. He also pays his own and their businesses for campaign expenses, so I see very blurred lines here. I have no doubt that Trump would use his position as president to advantage his own and his children’s business interests. He would never admit to any conflict of interest. The other interesting thing is that the kids don’t seem as impulsive and volatile as their dad( although they may be) but they sure lie easily. And they clearly have suspended reason in the way they defend their father’s actions. They are definitely in this together.

3 Likes

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

2 Likes

I’ve started to think perhaps it is Ivanka who needs help. Her dad is beyond treatment, but she still might benefit from counseling, psychotherapy, etc… about her daddy problem…

Would it change your perception slightly if the actual quote had been “They’re bringing in crime, their rapists.”?

The reason I ask is not to make apologies for the orange boor, but because I (mis?)heard something I found interesting. One of Trump’s infamous “bigly” quotes I heard as “big league”. Transcription is a significant craft.

Trump has just changed my view of all the Phillipino au-pair girls frequenting the local Catholic Church.
Sneaky bastards they are, indeed.
What kind of persons would use the Catholic Church for cover of terrorist activity? (OK, apart from some Irish guys).

1 Like

I can’t remember. Is she the wife who had claimed that he raped her?

HER dad doesn’t pay his bills he is nothing but a deadbeat cheater

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available