Discussion: Paul Ryan: Sorry Guys, It's Still No

Well, relatively speaking…

2 Likes

“Last to go” (apologies to Harold Pinter, the sketch is good)

2 Likes

Which is funny because “two down, one to go.”

3 Likes

As Louis Gohmert, Blake Fartenhold and other Texas house members would say, “Bless his heart”

Why, Pauly, WHY???

1 Like

This one’s for you, Josh:

2 Likes

I give him credit for putting his family and his self respect before becoming the head zookeeper of the House Republicans.

2 Likes

Tough is one way to put it. A suicide mission is another. I’m no fan of his, but I say “good for him.” He’s young, and popular among conservatives in spite of being on a losing presidential ticket. Why would he want to be the scapegoat for the most problematic political party in living memory?

1 Like

Personally, I’d say it’s delusions of future grandeur (rather than self respect) which are motivating his decision.

2 Likes

He should use the Ben Carson leadership and say “I believe that you want the guy behind the counter.”

4 Likes

The Speaker seat is toxic under GOP rule. It is a seat that is guaranteed to kill all potential national ambitions if you take it. Ryan is young…he has learned how to avoid political suicide. The next GOP Speaker has to have a political death wish to take this position. The Nihilist Party of America (formerly known as the GOP has finally gotten what has wanted - a party perfectly built to not govern…

3 Likes

Thank you Mr. Ryan for saying “no.” Your marriage and young children come first. Ayn Rand is long dead.

1 Like

Losers, all of them.

So this young gun heads for the hills with his own posse after him - except for his cohort Cantor who got ambushed and his friend McCarthy who got bullied out of a job by the crowd all three brought into their house. Young guns reduced to horse - nah, chickenshit’s the word I’m looking for.

Somehow all this has to be Obama’s fault. If so, WAY TO GO DUDE!!!

7 Likes

Paul Ryan is more responsible for Boehner’s failed leadership than any other Republican besides the Speaker himself. His budget blueprints are so completely and mendaciously farfetched that the Speaker never dared even schedule votes on all 12 appropriations bills. Nowhere near a majority would actually vote for cuts as ridiculous and deep as the Ryan blueprint required. But the fools who took the blueprint seriously are no longer good sports about being misled, so Speaker Spraytan had to go.

2 Likes

Why? Because he smarter than the average bear…but not by much.

1 Like

I don’t think Paul Ryan came from great wealth. His father was an attorney, but he died when Paul was 16. Given his father’s profession, I’m sure they were fairly well off, but they weren’t the Romneys or the Rockefellers either.

Paul Ryan wants to be president. The last thing he needs is a high-profile position that will only make him look like a punchline and a joke. (Yes, I know he IS those things, and HE knows he is those things, but when you’re running for president, you don’t want EVERYONE ELSE to know it.)

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available