Discussion: Paul Ryan: Sorry Guys, It's Still No

The GOP establishment arm is DESPERATE to not have the house speaker position fall into the hands of the freedum caucus. I dont think Ryans waiting for um the sweeten the deal and is just saying NO. Cant blame him either…

His soul is alive and well. Its been in a stable with Ann Romney’s Dressage horses ever since the last Presidential election. I guess he didn’t need it until now.

Ryan has a very carefully-crafted sparkling image among conservatives that he’s worked hard to maintain. If he was actually put in a position of responsibility, this would come crumbling down and everyone would be able to see his fake budgets are the equivalent of fantasy football. That’d kill his political ambitions and his rock-solid credibility with the right at the same time.

4 Likes

That’s terrific…a GOP house speaker who hates the job. That should work out so well!

1 Like

Smart move. House GOPs,with the aid of a few Senate GOPs,have made the Speaker Of The House an undesirable position. You know Chaffetz and Webster really don’t want it either.

1 Like

It appears that Lyin’ Ryan just might be smarter than he appears. The current division in the caucus is going to be a thankless job and possible political suicide for anyone. Word is that he has presidential aspirations. I think he understands dealing with the current GOP caucus might be career ending for him.

3 Likes

I don’t know about that. I think they are both convinced that as the One True Conservative all the rest will fall in line once they’re crowned.

1 Like

Sigh. And I was so looking forward to have his wonkery, er, dipshittery on full display so even the Chuck Todds of the media world couldn’t pretend he was anything but a con artist.

4 Likes

Who was Mitt Romney’s running mate?

I realize this assumes self-awareness that may not exist but when does the House GOP turn on Boehner for making them look bad?

I think they know that Minority Leader Pelosi and Minority Whip Hoyer will stick them both on an island with the other 36 members of the Freedom Caucus and let them fry in the sunlight of exposure.

Mitt was running?

Well, OF COURSE he’s not going to accept! I mean, he’s a Republican, but he’s definitely not the dimmest of the dim bulbs. I’m sure he’s well aware that taking the Speakership position now would be a career killer and this strapping young Congressman still has loftier aspirations cough.

Seriously though, anybody who actually wants the position right now is an idiot.

2 Likes

There isn’t enough popcorn in the whole world. Is there enough water on Mars to grow more?

1 Like

Wait…so he’s a Catholic Atheist? How exactly does that work?

1 Like

The GOP’s Unicorn indeed…more like a goat with the giant purple dildo from Idiocracy duct taped to its forehead.

2 Likes

He may be a habitual liar, but he’s not stupid!

1 Like

Geez Paul, you’re rich. An LED wristwatch? Really? There isn’t a Patek Philippe or Breguet dealer somewhere in DC?

1 Like

Souls are such a glut on the market these days that it’s hard to sell one. Most of them are just put in storage for the duration. It’s definitely a buyer’s market.

3 Likes

Is he the last Young Gun standing?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available