Discussion: Paul Ryan: Sorry Guys, It's Still No

But if he has to actually work it would interfere with his workout time.

[***Oh, yeah! Eric Cantorā€¦how soon we forget!Heā€™d be all around that speaker job like a bad odor, wouldnā€™t he?***]

Cantor has been drifting outside the Capitol Building screaming: ā€œPick MEEEEEEā€™!ā€ since McCarthy pulled out:

3 Likes

Paul Ryan must be TERRIFIED that heā€™s actually being asked to lead anything. For all the nasty GOP criticism of President Obama ā€œleading from behindā€, we suddenly have a Leading From Behind contest, with every GOP House member stepping backwards to thrust their unwilling caucus mates to the fore! Remarkable!

15 Likes

It would be his at this moment, if he just could have defeated the guy whoā€™s campaign budget was dwarfed by Cantorā€™s dinner budgetā€¦literally. And Cantor had been carefully laying the ground work for his ascension for years.

But hey, stuff happens. What can you do about it?

4 Likes

Possibly, but, if heā€™s smart [I know, just stay with me here and assume he has some political smarts], his no means either:
ā€“he really isnā€™t going to take the position
ā€“heā€™s not going to say yes until he can extract some concessions from those who want him to run

Me too. The twit who couldnā€™t jump over the matchboxes is a damn classic.

ā€œIf only his father could understand,ā€

BEST PYTHON LINE EVER!!

3 Likes

Republicans seem to always praise him by saying heā€™s smart. Leaving aside the implication that being a smart GOPer is noteworthy, there must be some truth to it since anyone smart would never volunteer for this job. You have to wonder what the ā€œmoderatesā€ are thinking, if they really see him as someone who has appeal beyond the base why would they want to damage his future prospects by handing him the poisoned chalice? To some extent itā€™s probably the same sort of short-term thinking that helped create this mess in the first place, but itā€™s also a measure of just how desperate their current situation is.

6 Likes

Itā€™s my hope heā€™s curled up somewhere in the fetal positionā€¦

6 Likes

Aw. I wanted to see the headline:

PAUL RYAN: WHITEST KNIGHT

1 Like

This may look to some like that Ryan is being oh-so-humble, but itā€™s really the opposite. Paul Ryan wants to be President. In fact, Ryan thinks he will be President. And he knows that it is nearly impossible for someone who has been Speaker Of the House to become President (In fact, itā€™s only happened once with James Polk who had to leave his Speakership and run for Governor of his state before his party would consider him viable to run for the Presidency).

So, this isnā€™t Ryan being humble. Itā€™s Ryan continuing his long history of self-centered-ness and myopic politics as he continues to lust for the White House.

4 Likes

Hmmmā€¦Perhaps some ā€˜ferrinerā€™ behind the scenes is pulling these strings? ~snicker!~

http://images.dailykos.com/images/97712/large/cruz.png?1406850195

1 Like

The President should urge him to run for the job.

1 Like

Here is Congressman Orange right before he quit, dealing with a Teabagger

1 Like

The duck does my talking for me. Talk to the duck.

3 Likes

Pfft. What does what he said before have to do with what heā€™s saying today? Consistency is for losers.

2 Likes

No kidding. Ryan is so Catholic he canā€™t watch the sunrise without feeling guilty.

2 Likes

http://digitalclaritygroup.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/trap.png

Edit to add:

Seriously though, when I think about it, the trap was sprung on Paul Ryan in 2012. They encouraged the Tea Party because they thought the their enthusiasm would provide the leverage to win back the White House. At this point the Frankensteinā€™s Monster analogies are almost too easy.

8 Likes

More cashā€¦throw more cash!!!

Has anyone checked on Rangel yet?

That sound coming from his office is either him choking with laughter or making another smoothie.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available